www.tombraiderforums.com

www.tombraiderforums.com (http://www.tombraiderforums.com/index.php)
-   General Chat (http://www.tombraiderforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   Health and Nutrition Industry Question? (http://www.tombraiderforums.com/showthread.php?t=217124)

charmedangelin 11-01-17 21:32

Health and Nutrition Industry Question?

Why is this industry so bad, honestly. I was just scrolling through a web page when I see an article about how bad Broccoli is for you. I swear the industry is just garbage honestly, you can google any food item into google be it kale, carrots, whole grain crackers and you will get a ton of results of how it's bad for your health. Honestly at this point I feel like we all should be eating nothing but grass because apparently everything is bad for you and almost anything you eat can cause cancer. :vlol:

What is your opinion on health and nutrition?

peeves 11-01-17 22:31

Seriously alot of things are bad for me as of 2017 on. :(

Quebsenuef 11-01-17 23:20

Are these articles backed up with legit sources? :ponder:
Bc this could just be that BS sensational news stories to get people to click and read some garbage article about how broccoli is causing cancer and all sorts of mumbo jumbo. I think scientists are still finding out new things about foods and whether or not they're truly good for you. When I was a kid in school the food pyramid seriously had eggs in the dairy section so when I changed my diet recently to dairy free for health reasons I thought "welp, can't have eggs anymore!" when no, the information I learned as a boy almost 20 years ago was wrong and that eggs are not dairy. Now it just seems so obvious to me hahaha

Matie 11-01-17 23:24

There's also the opposite where they say this and that is good for your health (*insert exaggerated or extreme statements here*) to sell unnecessary supplements. And they link to actual studies that look legit, until you scroll down and see the conflict of interest. A supplement containing broccoli in some form and the study they linked to was funded by people who produce broccoli. Not to mention the amount of stupid scam I constantly see on social media sites ("This cures cancer and the pharmaceutical industry is keeping it a secret!") and some fall for that, it's very harmful.

Lara's home 12-01-17 02:26

Everything leads to death if you trust every source you read.

Patie 12-01-17 02:36

I love how gluten is"bad" for you but MEAT isn't?:wve:

It's a conspiracy.

Sir Launcelot 12-01-17 02:41

Quote:

Originally Posted by Quebsenuef (Post 7700602)
Are these articles backed up with legit sources? :ponder:
Bc this could just be that BS sensational news stories to get people to click and read some garbage article about how broccoli is causing cancer and all sorts of mumbo jumbo. I think scientists are still finding out new things about foods and whether or not they're truly good for you. When I was a kid in school the food pyramid seriously had eggs in the dairy section so when I changed my diet recently to dairy free for health reasons I thought "welp, can't have eggs anymore!" when no, the information I learned as a boy almost 20 years ago was wrong and that eggs are not dairy. Now it just seems so obvious to me hahaha

How could you think eggs are dairy, your ignorant teachers aside? They come out of a chicken, not out of a cow. :vlol:

A lot of this "eat this, not that" stuff along with the vitamin industry is designed to make money off of the neuroses of vulnerable people. You can ignore it. Eat some bacon. With hollandaise sauce.

Quebsenuef 12-01-17 03:19

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sir Launcelot (Post 7700654)
How could you think eggs are dairy, your ignorant teachers aside? They come out of a chicken, not out of a cow. :vlol:

A lot of this "eat this, not that" stuff along with the vitamin industry is designed to make money off of the neuroses of vulnerable people. You can ignore it. Eat some bacon. With hollandaise sauce.

When you're 7 or 8 learning about the food pyramid and healthy eating you don't really question the source material. You just learn it. I didn't question why 10x6=60 or why bologna is spelled the way it is… it's just stuff you learn.

Then I never really thought about it until recently hahaha
I just never thought about eggs and where they stand in the food pyramid. I just colored the sheet as I was told to that day and listened to the teacher.

Sir Launcelot 12-01-17 04:12

Quote:

Originally Posted by Quebsenuef (Post 7700661)
When you're 7 or 8 learning about the food pyramid and healthy eating you don't really question the source material. You just learn it. I didn't question why 10x6=60 or why bologna is spelled the way it is… it's just stuff you learn.

Then I never really thought about it until recently hahaha
I just never thought about eggs and where they stand in the food pyramid. I just colored the sheet as I was told to that day and listened to the teacher.

But what ELSE did they lie to you about? :ponder:

Daring Do 12-01-17 04:46

Remember when the US government approved to pizza being a vegetable so they could keep selling it in school cafeterias? As far as I know that's still in effect.