Tomb Raider Forums

Tomb Raider Forums (https://www.tombraiderforums.com/index.php)
-   Shadow of the Tomb Raider (https://www.tombraiderforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=59)
-   -   Possible secondary playable character (https://www.tombraiderforums.com/showthread.php?t=220154)

Stevo505 17-05-18 04:31

I don't know how I'd feel about this. Tomb Raider has always been focused on Lara. And considering how this game is all about her "defining moment" I think playing as anyone else would take away from that.

BigR4444 17-05-18 04:42

I doubt theyre going to mess with our singleplayer experience...
The reboots mp allowed you to play as other charachters...
Thats where it will be... mp only

FanosCroft 17-05-18 10:02

[QUOTE=Stevo505;7883183]I don't know how I'd feel about this. Tomb Raider has always been focused on Lara. And considering how this game is all about her "defining moment" I think playing as anyone else would take away from that.[/QUOTE]

This

jackoimina 17-05-18 10:42

Hmmm no, we didn't even get to play as young Lara or at least play as Jonah and Lara in the Rise Endurance mode (why not have Jonah in there so we can spend some time with the character for example?) so I would NOT like to play as someone else in the campaign now. Multiplayer or some DLC stuff - I guess it's ok, but in the main story, please no:)

Portugalraider 17-05-18 11:29

I see them [I]perhaps[/I] exploring the idea of a second playable character in a game after SotTR, but not on this one. This is still about Lara's journey to become the Tomb Raider, the last step of her origin story. Adding a second playable character would undermine just that.

jvcx 17-05-18 19:41

Well we [I]do[/I] know for a fact that at least some events in the game will also be seen from the perspective of the antagonist (Dr. Dominguez). Until now I assumed it would be just cutscenes but who knows? However I'm gonna have to say no, I agree that it should be just Lara [I]especially[/I] this one being the finale of her origin story. I'm cool with the player being able to choose a different character in a co-op mode or whatever but definitely not the main story. Huge no.

JsotoTRSaga 17-05-18 19:47

No secondary playable characters please.

jeffrey van oort 22-05-18 01:37

[QUOTE=JsotoTRSaga;7883703]No secondary playable characters please.[/QUOTE]

I wouldn't mind seeing Totec as a secondary playable character in the [b]"EXTENDED"[/b] downloadable content options. Or maybe Sophia from "Rise of the Tomb Raider".

Secondary characters suggest a possibility to play this videogame with more than just yourself.

Endurance (ROTR) or deathmatch (TR2013) missions would benefit from a secondary playable character. (Hopefully it won't take until reaching level 60 to play with Lara Croft.)

Currently endurance mode is honestly the reason I keep playing Rise of the TombRaider. I hope they bring the endurance mode back. I don't really mind just playing the endurance mode as a single player, if secondary characters are scrapped out from the game, and if all of this was just a rumour.

Alex Fly 22-05-18 11:15

Ah good point. Effectively it's a possibility. I wouldn't mind this to happen if it's implemented correctly and if it's integrated well to the story. ;)

Kivlov 22-05-18 16:18

[QUOTE=Costel;7883157][SIZE="3"][FONT="Arial Black"]NO[/FONT][/SIZE]

In Shadow main campaign only playable character I want is Lara Croft.[/QUOTE]
Have my vote too! I never liked to play as Kurtis in AOD and always hated such gameplay tricks!