Tomb Raider Forums

Tomb Raider Forums (https://www.tombraiderforums.com/index.php)
-   Tomb Raider The Angel of Darkness (https://www.tombraiderforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   Nakamichi680’s AoD Levels definitive patch (https://www.tombraiderforums.com/showthread.php?t=215413)

Zsott 03-11-17 15:24

Hey nakamichi!

I'd like to ask, do you know, how the rain works?

I'm curious, since in the first level (or the third), there are places where the rain just stops, while it's effect working. (water splash on the rails, for example)
If so, is it possible to enable it?

Also, I'd like to ask, is it possible to replace Laras's hands for the keypads?
In the second level, that hand is very well made (nails, normal fingers) while in the rest of the game is...meh

nakamichi680 05-11-17 00:17

[QUOTE=Zsott;7793004]Hey nakamichi!

I'd like to ask, do you know, how the rain works?

I'm curious, since in the first level (or the third), there are places where the rain just stops, while it's effect working. (water splash on the rails, for example)
If so, is it possible to enable it?

Also, I'd like to ask, is it possible to replace Laras's hands for the keypads?
In the second level, that hand is very well made (nails, normal fingers) while in the rest of the game is...meh[/QUOTE]

I'm sorry but I don't know how rain works and it's not possible to replace Lara's hands at the moment (but it might be possible in the future) :(

sasho648 13-11-17 21:07

I must say that AOD controls are [URL="https://1drv.ms/u/s!AF8fYvUULfvvvUY"]definitely not bad[/URL].

I had simply added exceptions to the critical places where lara rotation is locked.

My point is now I feel them controls are just fine and they always have been or am I the only one

[youtube]y5OQZQ_JK7M[/youtube]

Thunderbolt 13-11-17 21:49

[QUOTE=sasho648;7795426]I must say that AOD controls are [URL="https://1drv.ms/u/s!AF8fYvUULfvvvUY"]definitely not bad[/URL].

I had simply added exceptions to the critical places where lara rotation is locked.

My point is now I feel them controls are just fine and they always have been or am I the only one[/QUOTE]

The controls you added are perfect and I'm using it right now. I only had problems with Lara moving during certain animations. If she moves during this specific animations, tends to provoke strange bugs in the area that she moves. That's why I locked Lara's moves again in my copy with the hex codes that nakamichi posted.

There's another problem with Wrath of the Beast. If you move fast enough, the game tends to crash. But this is a problem of the game itself, not your controls.

Czarpos 14-11-17 02:05

[QUOTE=sasho648;7795426]I must say that AOD controls are [URL="https://1drv.ms/u/s!AF8fYvUULfvvvUY"]definitely not bad[/URL].

My point is now I feel them controls are just fine and they always have been or am I the only one[/QUOTE]

Well, they are fine for what the AOD is. You fixed what you could but it's far from perfect. I played with your fix and it's way better but far from finished in my opinion.

Cheers.

Caesum 14-11-17 12:31

Played it too and wow, it's even more broken now. :vlol: Her rotation is completely off. Just run forward and then release up and push left/right. She will do a crazy dance for a while before turning normally. Jumping sideways is broken too as she will rotate after every jump. Kliking backwards after running makes Lara rotate like crazy for a while. Generally clicking backwards make Lara rotate weirdly. + the random "walk to run" is back again + Lara is slow again. Sometimes instead of jumping sideways she just jumps up, then rotates.

I think the biggest problems with vanilla TRAOD Lara are that:
a) she rotates the same angle, same speed, no matter how long you push. In TR1-5 she would start a tad slower and would stop immediately when the button is released. If it was still pressed, she would start rotating faster and less precise.
b) Some transitions are too slow, especially the run-to-stance animation. Some transitions are twice as long as in TR1-5/TRLE.
c) Lara's original speed is too slow.
d) Random stance-to-walk-to-run. It's pointless in the PC version, kicks in randomly and it's oh so irritating.
e) Lack of small-jump-back like in TR1-5 (not really necessary, although the animation is there) + left/right buttons are reversed when walking backwards. But I guess if it was possible to make non-shift walking backwards faster, it would have been just as great.

Dunno if any of these can be fixed (or if it's just me thinking that this is the real issue with Lara).

Personally I really liked most of fixes made in Sasho's Ultimate Patch (?), the one with better controls, faster Lara and several special effects. There were just some small quirks I didn't really like, but otherwise it was good. The only problems I had with it was that standing turning 180' when pressed backwards. I think it was more irritating than helpful. I would have kept the original walking backwards. Or tried to reintroduce the hop back animation (I heard it's broken though?).
Oh and the injured running animation was more of a curiosity. I would love to have a patcher, which would let you decide if you want it or not. :ponder: Sasho & Nakamichi, maybe you could combine your fixes into one big patcher? Is it possible?

Joey79100 14-11-17 13:04

[QUOTE=Caesum;7795542]Her rotation is completely off. Just run forward and then release up and push left/right. She will do a crazy dance for a while before turning normally.

The only problems I had with it was that standing turning 180' when pressed backwards. I think it was more irritating than helpful. I would have kept the original walking backwards.[/QUOTE]
I assume [B]sasho[/B] made these fixes for gamepads, because these changes actually make sense with gamepad, they're probably close to PS2 (I never really played it on PS2). It's just that it doesn't fit keyboard controls. :o

Caesum 14-11-17 13:16

^ Just tested it again with a gamepad and nope, that newest patch works just as weird with it. :D

I think the 180' turn animation was introduced by sasho (in that older patch) to make it fast and easy to rotate Lara 180 degrees. But after playing literally every other game with tank controls it's just really hard to adapt to that. It would have been better if turning back was attached to SHIFT+DOWN instead.

Oh and about the PS2 version, it's pretty similar to LAU 2D controls, just with all the buttons doing the same what they did in TR1-5.

nakamichi680 14-11-17 13:40

[QUOTE=Caesum;7795542]I would love to have a patcher, which would let you decide if you want it or not. :ponder: Sasho & Nakamichi, maybe you could combine your fixes into one big patcher? Is it possible?[/QUOTE]

I'll gradually add the option to customize sasho's fixes in future updates of the EXE Multipatcher. A couple of things will arrive with the next release.

Zebra 19-11-17 18:07

[QUOTE=nakamichi680;7795561]I'll gradually add the option to customize sasho's fixes in future updates of the EXE Multipatcher. A couple of things will arrive with the next release.[/QUOTE]

That sounds awesome :tmb:! Thank you so much for all the work you're putting into this :)!