Tomb Raider Forums

Tomb Raider Forums (https://www.tombraiderforums.com/index.php)
-   Tomb Raider (https://www.tombraiderforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=44)
-   -   'Survival Instinct' (https://www.tombraiderforums.com/showthread.php?t=180740)

Love2Raid 27-04-11 15:08

'Survival Instinct'

One of the many new features in the upcoming game will be this 'Survival Instinct', described here:
[QUOTE=Only TR lover;5369762]Translation of the text by [B]na_th_an[/B]

THE SURVIVAL INSTICT will be other trick under Ms. Croft's sleeve. By pressing a button we'll activate a special view which will put a different colour to "interesting" elements in the environment: the background and non relevant objects will be shown in shades of grey and the clues in yellow. That way we'll be able to follow traces normally invisible to the eye, for example the footprints of the wolves which will lead us to where they have left the med-kit. [/QUOTE]

How do you feel about this feature? It reminds me of Batman's 'Detective Mode' (which is cool) and I especially love it because it is entirely optional. You can decide yourself if you want to keep searching on your own or enable this mode to get a hint. This way, there will be no need to make interesting parts of the environments stand out [B]all the time[/B] by making them 'shiny'. Legend had something similar with the binoculars, but it wasn't implemented that well, since there were still icons and shiny objects all over the place.

I hope this is done better.

:)

RAID 27-04-11 15:09

As long as it stays optional, I'm fine, ergo, I don't like it and will not use it. It reminds me of Legend RAD mode of the Binoculars.

Tombraiderx08 27-04-11 15:10

Sounds pretty cool, I also like the fact that there will be wolves :mis:

BlueJ97 27-04-11 15:11

yeah I hope its optional :)

Tonyrobinson 27-04-11 15:12

I'd like it to be optional to be honest it's been used to death. I can list alot of games that have used something to the degree.

Bloodrayne
Catwoman
X-Men Origins : Wolverine
Assassin's creed

jajay119 27-04-11 15:13

I hate the sound of it, but jay has confirmed it's optional so I'm good.

Evan C. 27-04-11 15:15

[QUOTE=jajay119;5370921]I hate the sound of it, but jay has confirmed it's optional so I'm good.[/QUOTE]

Music to my ears.

Pietras 27-04-11 15:15

[QUOTE=RAID;5370912]As long as it stays optional, I'm fine, ergo, I don't like it and will not use it. It reminds me of Legend RAD mode of the Binoculars.[/QUOTE]
Jay already confirmed this as optional.

Everyone should be happy. It allows for help system for inexperienced/impatient 'casuals' while keeping the standard vision clean and non-shiny/spoilery. Nowadays, games simply cannot be shipped without any sort of help system. The gaming audience changed (for the worse) and unfortunately, to remain succesful Tomb Raider franchise needs to cater to them too, hence the helping system. Implemented this way is the best possible solution making everyone happy.

Drone 27-04-11 15:16

That kind of vision reminds me of BloodRayne. Let's see how it'll work.

scremanie 27-04-11 15:16

[QUOTE=jajay119;5370921]I hate the sound of it, but jay has confirmed it's optional so I'm good.[/QUOTE]

Oh thank God.