Tomb Raider Forums

Tomb Raider Forums (https://www.tombraiderforums.com/index.php)
-   General Chat (https://www.tombraiderforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   Does outer space have an end... (https://www.tombraiderforums.com/showthread.php?t=112646)

Ring_of_Fire 22-11-07 05:03

Does outer space have an end...

Just like in video games, the Earth wasn't meant to be infinite and what's behind this end is known as "space". It looks supposedly dark and I'd like to know if there is something behind space itself (or if there is an end). Also, is it possibly for NASA to attempt to hunt down for other planets?

Anyway, so what is the possibilities of new and unknown planets in far away areas? Will there be new human beings, or probably animals that can even talk? :D

Twilight 22-11-07 05:15

probably very different creature things.

i dont kno if it has an end. but then again, every end is another beginning. :mis:

CAISACO 22-11-07 05:15

IMO
There are millions of planets out there like ours, and can support life. But they are too far away to reach :wve:

DREWY 22-11-07 05:26

The subject of infinity is too much for my tiny mind, but who knows about other forms of life? Could be classed as ignorant to dismiss it out of hand.

Cochrane 22-11-07 05:58

[quote=Douglas Adams]Space is big. You just won't believe how vastly, hugely, mind- bogglingly big it is. I mean, you may think it's a long way down the road to the chemist's, but that's just peanuts to space.[/quote]

All of the various big-bang theories suggest that the universe is, indeed, finite but expanding in size. However, there is no generally accepted idea on what is on the outside, just a few ideas (including some sort of extra-dimensional space with many universes in it, or something like that).

As for other planets: A few have already been found outside the solar system. All of them have characteristics that make them unsuitable for earth-like live (but do make them easier to see from here, with the right equipment). If our solar system is nothing out of the ordinary, or even if only every one-hundreth system shares these characteristics, then I think it is possible that life developed on some of them.

rowanlim 22-11-07 06:53

i think that space is limitless. mayb today its size is X, by 100 yrs from now, it'll be more or less. its a changing arena. its not fixed. so that means that the potential of other living beings & inhabitable planets/moons is infinite. a fascinating prospect :tmb:

Admles 22-11-07 08:53

The truth is there are parallel universes. The one next to our one is just like this, but everyone is dressed in western outfits. I saw this on Futurama :D

Mister_Creazil 22-11-07 09:15

Space. Space must be infinite, because space can't end IMO. I mean, if the Big Bang Theory is correct, how can space expand with nothing that's there? Space is space, it can't expand into nothing, it's impossible. Although, numbers don't end, so why should space? Time is infinite, so if you think about it, how can space end? What's behind that?

kryptonite23 22-11-07 09:21

In outer space,there are many galaxies that are countless.
That's why outerspace is infinite or there's no end in it. :)

Mister_Creazil 22-11-07 09:26

[QUOTE=kryptonite23;2269653]In outer space,there are many galaxies that are countless.
That's why outerspace is infinite or there's no end in it. :)[/QUOTE]

No one has been past pluto, so I don't see how anyone can prove how big outer space is or what is beyond.