Tomb Raider Forums

Tomb Raider Forums (https://www.tombraiderforums.com/index.php)
-   Tomb Raider Legend (https://www.tombraiderforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   Why hate legend? (https://www.tombraiderforums.com/showthread.php?t=217133)

kevindatsun 14-01-17 07:17

Why hate legend?

Ok so i replayed Tomb Raider Legend this year and oh God! it brings so much memories, the locations, the atmosphere, the way how Lara talks is so badass!!
The best part is the music score of this game i really love it especially the MAIN THEME. Legend's main theme really sends chills inside my body i mean got goosebumps everywhere.

What's the point of hating legend? It's the first tomb raider game i played wayback 2007 ( yes I'm late cause I got a PS2 on 2007 ). And it's the game that even saved the Tomb Raider franchise meaning without legend there will be no more tomb raider ( i guess? cause AOD is a mess but i still love that game tho cause of it's atmosphere ).
It is also the first Tomb raider game to introduce fluid controls and it really fits the PS2 era at that time. Legend is a great game and i realized that when i replayed it this year. I don't understand why people hate it tho because of the mommy story i think the story is kinda ok.. Cheers for Legend! <3 :D:)

ThatSassyKid 14-01-17 07:56

because it's not Classic

Ramoram 14-01-17 08:51

[QUOTE=ThatSassyKid;7701331]because it's not Classic[/QUOTE]
That's it?

I used to rant after the end of TRAOD when Core Design work was handed over to Crystal Dynamics thinking that "that's it it over". When Legend released I played a year later with a reason only to give fair chance to. Surprisingly I really liked it. So it is the next two titles of Anniversary and Underworld. Now things have completely changed in TR 2013 and ROTTR. I am not sure what I played. But it gives me the feeling that "That's not right. That not the TR I know."

One thing I am completely sure. Even if the Crystal Dynamics gets over with the reboot series and work on classics Tomb Raider. People won't be get happy with this too. Pretty much sure also they will still play it.

JimbobJeffers 14-01-17 09:37

Yeah, I haven't been on the Tomb Raider Forums for that long, but I quickly realised that there are very strong biases here. It seems common to hate on everything Crystal Dynamics does and praise Core Design as fallen heroes, with no regard for looking objectively at each individual game and reviewing it fairly. Core Design did a great job making a revolutionary game, character and franchise back in 1996, and Crystal Dynamics has continued that legacy from 2006 in a new form, evolving it again in 2013.

People change, things change, games have to change too. If people want classic Tomb Raider gameplay, we have the various tools available to make entirely new experiences, so you can make exactly the levels you want!

I see little use in all the vitriol that gets thrown around here for Crystal Dynamics and their games. People may hate on the re-envisioned Lara Croft, stories and gameplay, but all the awards these games have received say otherwise!

ThatSassyKid 14-01-17 10:35

[QUOTE=Ramoram;7701334]That's it?[/QUOTE]

Pretty much, yep.
Just keep a keen eye on threads in the newer sections.

Patrick star 14-01-17 11:53

[QUOTE=ThatSassyKid;7701331]because it's not Classic[/QUOTE]

Pretty much this , and the mom storyline .

Personally , I adore Legend . The game has MAJOR and striking flaws yep (Very short , Very easy , linear and streamlined) , but it's obsessively replayable for me , It's VERY fun , Great mechanics , controls , animations , Great storyline (later destroyed in Underworld , but that's another topic) , flawless soundtrack , very good bosses , and some really neat puzzles here and there (mostly regarding the optional golden rewards and Croft manor , but still) and last but not least , one fantastic Lara Croft and a great mixture of being badass and emotional (I'd like Reboot Lara to go down that route when she's finally developed into the full-blown TR after the third game) and a wonderful VA :tmb:

Alex Fly 14-01-17 12:04

Great game ! I love it personally. It's the Tomb Raider I played the most. :tmb:

NoahCrofRaider 14-01-17 12:35

I find it to be a really good game, but I just wish it was longer. Despite that it's still a great game. :D

Nigel Cassidy 14-01-17 12:41

I love the story, the music, the tone, the environments and the incarnation of Lara. However, I can see how the gameplay isn't all that special and hasn't aged well.

girlyB 14-01-17 12:54

[CENTER][COLOR="Purple"]For me both Legend and Underworld remember the classics, but with better graphics. The only thing that changed were the patterns of clothing

[youtube]C4u35-ssB-E[/youtube]
[url]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C4u35-ssB-E[/url]

See, Lara classic perfect played in legend.
[/COLOR][/CENTER]