Tomb Raider Forums

Tomb Raider Forums (https://www.tombraiderforums.com/index.php)
-   Tomb Raider Underworld (https://www.tombraiderforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=23)
-   -   Remake: Bosses!? (https://www.tombraiderforums.com/showthread.php?t=67467)

WhosaidAODwasbad 18-06-06 22:40

Remake: Bosses!?

Do you think there will be anymore bosses than the original!? Do you they will add anything to the original bosses that will make them more difficult or harder, like a puzzle with in them something else than just your guns to take out? If you think there should be more bosses, list where and possibly what!?

Lost Valley- More T-Rexs maybe a baby one at first, but when you go back to put the cogs in MOMMY and DADDy aren't happy Two huge T-rexs like the nest or something, kinda like TR 2 Great Wall but harder!

Palace Midas-King Midas or his machine that created Gold! Kinda of like the Roman Head in Chronicles!

or

Colluseum- a bunch of different animals, fills up with water crocs- not really a boss fight just a lot of animals!

Obliesk of Kamroon or Sancuary of the Scion- a couple of Egyptian soldiers, pharohs guards, kinda like cleopatras guards in Cleopatras Palace but much harder!

Anker 18-06-06 23:35

Well I'm actually curious about how they'll remake the last ugly monster (the huge one before Natla)... I guess it'll look terrific in these new graphics. I'm looking forward to face it :p

MattTR 18-06-06 23:39

I cannot wait to fight the T-Rex in the lost valley, or the Huge thing in The Great Pyramid, or even Natla herself! I soo can't wait for this! :jmp:

Joseph 18-06-06 23:41

All this talk about a "Remake" while it is not even confirmed there will be one.... all poor speculation.

Liberty Ashford 18-06-06 23:45

[quote=Joseph]All this talk about a "Remake" while it is not even confirmed there will be one.... all poor speculation.[/quote]

what the hell? Its already been comfirmed.

MattTR 18-06-06 23:47

[QUOTE=Joseph]All this talk about a "Remake" while it is not even confirmed there will be one.... all poor speculation.[/QUOTE]
Check sticky.

Joseph 18-06-06 23:59

Where does it say Anniversary Edition is a "TR1 remake?" I might have missed it.

WhosaidAODwasbad 19-06-06 00:04

If you read the article its pending but it maybe both TR 1 and 2 in the anniversary edition! Right now all we know is that at least TR 1 is being remade!

Joshorty 19-06-06 01:14

The abomination...OOOO MAN!!:D

knightgames 19-06-06 12:07

I always liked the 'ragdoll physics' of Lara when that legless King Kong would smash Lara onto the floor and shake her like a rattle.

For some reason that is, was, and always shall be the most memorable TR boss for me. I think it has something to do with it being the first if not one of the first 3D games AND boss characters that was fought it 3D 'space.' You could not only go left and right, but also in front of or behind him.

Lara's Boy 19-06-06 12:59

I am also interested in how they will remake that crazy monster, but I am interested more so in the enemies from the Egyptian levels!!! They made me jump and scream in fright on the PS1, I can't wait to see them on the PS2!! :D

Joshorty 19-06-06 15:07

That guy sounds and looks creepy:eek: but ya, I agree in a way that he's one of the most memoriable bosses of Tomb Raider (perhaps Natla too..she's re-incarnated, correct me if I'm wrong, from the past Natla - actually, anyone willing to explain to me about the Natla(s):confused: )

Mr_X 19-06-06 15:34

[quote=Joshorty]That guy sounds and looks creepy:eek: but ya, I agree in a way that he's one of the most memoriable bosses of Tomb Raider (perhaps Natla too..she's re-incarnated, correct me if I'm wrong, from the past Natla - actually, anyone willing to explain to me about the Natla(s):confused: )[/quote]
Natla was one of the three rulers of Atlantis (the other two being Qualopec and Tihocan) who each shared a piece of an artifact called the Scion. Natla believed Atlantis was falling behind, and decided to use the Scion's powers to advance the continant once more. By doing this, she decided to speed the course of evolution and breed an army of skinless mutants so she can continue strengthen and advance Atlantis with her territorial rages again. Eventually Tihocan and Qualopec imprisoned her for waging war on them and abusing her powers, and shortly thereafter Atlantis was left in ruins with the 3 pieces scattered across the earth.

Sometime in the present, a nuclear blast unearths Natla's frozen prison which she escapes. After founding the company Natla Technologies and going under the name of Jacqueline Natla, she hires Lara to find the piece in Peru. As soon as Lara recovered the piece, Natla sent her henchman Larson to kill her, but failed. Lara manages to track and recover the other two pieces in Greece and Egypt, but the reformed artifact is taken from her by Natla and her men. Lara tracks down Natla on her boat and sneaks aboard as it leaves for the ruins of Atlantis.

Inside the Great Pyramid of Atlantis, Natla uses the Scion to continues where she left off by breeding her mutant freaks. Lara ends up finding her in the Scion chamber and attempts to destroy the artifact after Natla unveils her grand plan and introduces Lara to her King Beast. Before she can shoot it, Natla dives at her sending both of them off the ledge. Lara manages to grab a nearby platform, but Natla falls in the lava pit below and is presummed dead. After Lara kills the huge mutant beast and destroys the Scion, Natla returns with a pair of wings and an Atlanteon bomb launcher. Lara shoots her down in her winged form, but Natla rises again on foot only to be killed once and for all.

Hope that helps. :)

knightgames 19-06-06 17:37

Nicely done synopsis Mr. X. (Can you do TR2 for me? JK)

The bacon mummies were real creepy when they were just skulking around. Their groans were just spooky. I always play with headphones on so some of the noises in games sound closer in spacial relativity.....so you never really know where one might be.

Uuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuengh.................UUUUUuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuunghhhhhhhhh

I just got goosebumps. (LOL)

When they attacked their screeches induced sheer panic. Which way do I fire? Which one do I fire AT? Why are they going so dang fast? Why do I feel like a Denny's Grand Slam Breakfast?

Elysia 19-06-06 17:44

Do you think there will be anymore bosses than the original!?

Good Gods, I hope not. I want to have lots of fun 'Raiding, not running around in circles trying to defeat a boss...

MiCkiZ88 19-06-06 17:45

I want the original boss batles.. improved.. and Lara could definately use a upgrade on her batle skills.. I mean.. ALOT of more moves! more than just running around in circles..

thevman 19-06-06 17:50

[QUOTE=knightgames]Nicely done synopsis Mr. X. (Can you do TR2 for me? JK)

The bacon mummies were real creepy when they were just skulking around. Their groans were just spooky. I always play with headphones on so some of the noises in games sound closer in spacial relativity.....so you never really know where one might be.

Uuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuengh.................UUUUUuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuunghhhhhhhhh

I just got goosebumps. (LOL)

When they attacked their screeches induced sheer panic. Which way do I fire? Which one do I fire AT? Why are they going so dang fast? [b]Why do I feel like a Denny's Grand Slam Breakfast?[/b][/QUOTE]

:vlol: Because in bacon mummies eyes, [b]YOU ARE FOOD![/b] Muahahahahahaha!!!

Joshorty 20-06-06 00:12

[QUOTE=Mr_X]Natla was one of the...
Hope that helps. :)[/QUOTE]

Yeah thanks:D but so then ever since the big frozen prison was unleased, I was looking at the same Natla EVER SINCE:eek: She decided to go modern looking and fools Lara to get the scions for her right:confused: So this Natla was the same one EVER SINCE - not REINCARNATED>??!?!

WhosaidAODwasbad 20-06-06 02:59

[QUOTE=Joshorty]Yeah thanks:D but so then ever since the big frozen prison was unleased, I was looking at the same Natla EVER SINCE:eek: She decided to go modern looking and fools Lara to get the scions for her right:confused: So this Natla was the same one EVER SINCE - not REINCARNATED>??!?![/QUOTE]

Yup, the beginning cutscene is in Los Alamos, New Mexico! Inside the crater is the tomb or capsule of Jaquline Natla, that the other Two encase her in.(See the Cutscene between Tomb of Tihocan and City of Kamroon)

My only question how did she end up in New Mexico the middle of nowhere. I think Lara should go there some time! Los Alamos Labs, or the nuclear weapons in the mountains!