Tomb Raider Forums

Tomb Raider Forums (https://www.tombraiderforums.com/index.php)
-   Tomb Raider Anniversary (https://www.tombraiderforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=27)
-   -   How good is the Wii version of Anniversary? (https://www.tombraiderforums.com/showthread.php?t=215801)

NoahCrofRaider 13-08-16 18:49

How good is the Wii version of Anniversary?

How good is the Wii version of Tomb Raider Anniversary? I'm planning on getting it soon for my family's Wii and I wanted to ask people here who have played that version if it was good.

Nigel Cassidy 13-08-16 18:53

As a Wii game I think it's pretty good; controls are a bit more difficult than the Pc or console controls, but that's the whole Wii gimmick. You control the guns manually like in TR9/10, which all of the sudden makes the rats and bats the hardest enemies...

The new Wii mini games are okay. Best thing in my opinion is the new trophy room in Croft Manor.

sackboy123 13-08-16 19:02

TRAn the Wii is the best version, the puzzles look amazing and the Flashlight was a great gameplay feature too

Jami393 13-08-16 20:40

The Wii version to me is the best version, even though I don't play it as much. It's got manual aiming thanks to the Wii Remote, additional secrets to find called rubbing rewards, extra puzzles, the manor has an extra room, you use archaeological tools for some puzzles have been changed. It's a really good version and well worth getting. I will admit the camera has issues, but if you can bypass that, then you are in for a treat with this version of Anniversary.

lizardspock110 13-08-16 20:53

[COLOR="Navy"]I think anniversary on wii looks flawless, some places are darkly lit which is epic, puzzles seem a little cooler, and there are some bonuses I think!
Oh and there is a torch like TR 4 Lara cover art

However, underworld on wii is another story :facepalm:
[/COLOR]

sackboy123 13-08-16 20:57

Underworld on the Wii is a lot better then the PS2 version

Even the PS3/360 version of Underworld is bad, so full of glitches

The DS version of Underworld will always be the best version for me

Gh0stBlade 13-08-16 21:35

Edit: Woops </3

NoahCrofRaider 13-08-16 22:21

That's good to hear. I wouldn't want to buy a crappy version of a game I already have. :)[QUOTE=Nigel Cassidy;7634932]As a Wii game I think it's pretty good; controls are a bit more difficult than the Pc or console controls, but that's the whole Wii gimmick. You control the guns manually like in TR9/10, which all of the sudden makes the rats and bats the hardest enemies...

The new Wii mini games are okay. Best thing in my opinion is the new trophy room in Croft Manor.[/QUOTE] There's mini games?

Nigel Cassidy 13-08-16 22:29

[QUOTE=NoahCrofRaider;7635060]There's mini games?[/QUOTE]

They called it 'tools of archaeology'. There are places were you can collect a picture after removing some rocks or do a cog puzzle or other things using the Wii control gimmicks.

NoahCrofRaider 13-08-16 22:45

Okay, that's what I thought but I wasn't sure.