Tomb Raider Forums

Tomb Raider Forums (https://www.tombraiderforums.com/index.php)
-   Lara Croft and the Temple of Osiris (https://www.tombraiderforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=60)
-   -   Would a game like Titak's Himalayan Mysteries be something in your interest? (https://www.tombraiderforums.com/showthread.php?t=217339)

NoahCrofRaider 13-02-17 22:08

Would a game like Titak's Himalayan Mysteries be something in your interest?

Imagine if a game like Titak's Tomb Raider: Himalayan Mysteries was built. It would be a 3D Lara Croft game called, maybe, Lara Croft: Himalayan Mysteries? Here's what I'm thinking:

The game would show Lara Croft at age 21 with her fiancée when their plane crashed in the Himalayas. You would initially guide her as she looks for supplies and shelter. But after finding clues about an ancient artifact that every 500 years would cause some tragedy or accident in its area, Lara sets out for this artifact and soon, for home.

At first, there would indeed be a survival like in the reboot games, but after the first level or two, you would start to do what Lara does best, tomb raiding. At the end, Lara decides to search for the other lost mysteries of the world.

I just wanted to share this idea because I would love something like this to happen. :D

Patrick star 14-02-17 18:20

Sure ! I played it and it was such a flawless adventure ! Titak is a goddess :hug:

larafan25 14-02-17 23:48

If they're going to make a game, covering the original Himalayan adventure, I'd like for it to be more like a classic Tomb Raider title than the Lara Croft titles.

Though I'm not sure there is enough content in the original Himalayan adventure to warrant a full game. It would be something more along the lines of the classic expansions. A set of a few good levels.

I can definitely see Lara searching for supplies, such as medi packs, flares, or maybe even using a torch to keep warm. It would be a cool opportunity to introduce some deep snow traversal into the classic mechanics. Maybe something along the lines of the quick-sand. This would be helpful for obstacles that need to be overcome, and keeping the player in the pen, logically.

I wonder, would it be a combat-less set of levels? I think that would be neat. Although, I am unsure of when classic Lara started using weapons on her own. Probably didn't occur during the Himalayan wreck, though who can be sure?

Lots of opportunity for rolling balls and climbing though. Probably even some old temples, buried in the snow caves, like Tibet.

ESCachuli 15-02-17 15:23

I would love it. Tho does her fiancee dies? I always thought he didn't went to that trip, and when Lara came back, she just rejected him because he represented the life she hated.

NoahCrofRaider 15-02-17 15:37

Lara's previous life is kind of "messed up", you could say. One version she has a fiancée that dies on the trip, while the other version he's alive and well, but Lara rejects him for the reason you stated. That part was sort of, "optional".

Boobandie 15-02-17 20:35

There's nothing messed up. Core's biography for 1 through to AOD had no fiancee, just a note that her parent's had hoped she'd settle down and marry the Earl of Farrington, and that [I]"The Earl is still waiting."[/I]

In the comics there is a fiancee, he and her parents die in the plane crash, but that is non-canon to the original series.

Ward Dragon 15-02-17 20:56

I love Himalayan Mysteries, but I think it still stands on its own and I wouldn't want to see it remade. I'd rather have Lara go on a new adventure in the same style :D

For example, if they were to hypothetically make a "Lara Croft Classic" spin-off with more classic-style gameplay elements and level design, I'd buy it. I don't expect them to do that, and there are still hundreds of level editor levels I haven't played yet, but if they did do it I'd buy it :pi:

Ironically that's one of the reasons I liked the Wii version of Underworld. The "real" version is still better of course, but the Wii version really reminded me of a custom level in a lot of ways and I enjoyed it a lot more than I thought I would.

[QUOTE=larafan25;7712756]Though I'm not sure there is enough content in the original Himalayan adventure to warrant a full game.[/QUOTE]

Titak's Himalayan Mysteries level set is longer than Legend :whi:

NoahCrofRaider 16-02-17 02:48

[QUOTE=Boobandie;7712994]There's nothing messed up. Core's biography for 1 through to AOD had no fiancee, just a note that her parent's had hoped she'd settle down and marry the Earl of Farrington, and that [I]"The Earl is still waiting."[/I]

In the comics there is a fiancee, he and her parents die in the plane crash, but that is non-canon to the original series.[/QUOTE] I'm well aware of that. I guess the best thing would be her fiancée not being in the crash, because then she may be more bitter; which may or may not be a good thing story-wise.