www.tombraiderforums.com

www.tombraiderforums.com (http://www.tombraiderforums.com/index.php)
-   The Last Revelation (http://www.tombraiderforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   Ideal puzzles for semerkhet tomb and Under the sphinx (http://www.tombraiderforums.com/showthread.php?t=217329)

peeves 12-02-17 21:44

Ideal puzzles for semerkhet tomb and Under the sphinx

So in Tomb of semerkhet there were 3 colored pieces you had to get off the board well it woulda been better if they had 5 colored pieces with the 5 colors being orange, green, blue, purple, pink The same goes for underneath the sphinx As soon as you put in the right combination in alphabetical order it opens the gate to the orange key stone, then the puzzle with the crawlspaces would lead to the green stone, the one with the niches and crocodiles the blue stone, the one with the niches and scarab beetles the purple stone, and the swimming maze the pink stone That woulda been so much better for those 2 levels. What do you think?

CheshireBitch 12-02-17 22:24

I am not sure why it would be better this way ?

5 pieces on Semerketh's game would be a mess I think, there's not so many squares to play.

Gancian 13-02-17 13:38

Well, the original Senet game did have more pawns than just three. It is believed they could have been five or seven per player. However the game would have been much more longer this way :P It's not that I don't like it, it's just that it is a pain to move Lara around the balcony to make the pawns move.

I don't know what you mean by the Underneath the Sphinx puzzle. You mean removing the sequence puzzle altogether? I don't know, I liked that puzzle. (I just hated going through the death corridors every time I got it wrong :mad: )

peeves 13-02-17 15:37

Well I mean 5 pieces per player like have lara's pieces be orange, green, blue, purple, pink and as for the underneath the sphinx puzzle Pressing the buttons in alphabetical order leading to the orange key stone where there are 5 colored holes instead of only 4 Also the orange key would be where the 5 colored holes are with the green being in the one with crawlspaces the blue with crocs and niches the purple with scarabs and niches and the pink with the water maze. And no Still keep the puzzle sequences with the buttons.

Joey79100 13-02-17 18:36

The game was already really long. They were right the way they were: not too much, nor too little. Making these puzzles uselessly last longer than they did would have just been boring.

Moylen 13-02-17 21:17

Quote:

Originally Posted by Joey79100 (Post 7712206)
The game was already really long. They were right the way they were: not too much, nor too little. Making these puzzles uselessly last longer than they did would have just been boring.

This. TR4 is an already really long game, so long in fact that many gamers are too afraid to play it. Making the game and these puzzles longer wouldn't be a good idea. (In fact the game could even use some dumbing down in some places like Cairo and Giza)

charmedangelin 13-02-17 22:28

The puzzle was fine as it was. I agree with the comments above in that the game is already really long and making that puzzle last longer would only detract from the game.

Wolfeinsamer 17-02-17 06:30

peeves.
you find it difficult pass the game TR4?

Quebsenuef 17-02-17 15:51

I think Senet was perfect in TR4 other than the constant running to and from the colored tiles and spinning the black/white markers

peeves 17-02-17 17:11

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wolfeinsamer (Post 7713567)
peeves.
you find it difficult pass the game TR4?

Not really no.