Tomb Raider Forums

Tomb Raider Forums (https://www.tombraiderforums.com/index.php)
-   Tomb Raider The Angel of Darkness (https://www.tombraiderforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   I think AOD should have a Sequel! (https://www.tombraiderforums.com/showthread.php?t=190247)

Tony 101 06-04-12 03:44

I think AOD should have a Sequel!

I myself, had nothing at all against Tomb Raider: The Angel Of Darkness. It was by far the my most favorite TR game made by Core;apart from Tomb Raider 1. It had a great storyline, great music, and she is finally in a city! Not in jungles, but in a actual city! I have nothing against the other games either, but in Angel Of Darkness, the Ghetto in one of the levels, was actually quite fun to do. It is pretty fun to be in a city.
I had no problem with the graphics. I am used to them, the glitches i find humorous, and the slowness of it I do not mind at all.:) I do not really get why people do not like Angel Of Darkness. I mean, no, it may not have a great plot like the other ones in the past did, or if it did not completely look like the actual Lara Croft; but from the Imperfections, it is actually a really fun game to play. I had heck of a fun time exploring all the levels, i occasionally threw the controller in frustration, but I still played it anyway.
Kurtis DID come out of nowhere, but he was fun to use too! It would be amazing to see him brought back into the Reboot, along with more plot with the nephilim stuff, too.
In conclusion, AOD was not a bad game at all, people in my opinion are over exaggerating about it, thinking it was stupid because of small things, or glitches and such. I think it should have a sequel, and I am sure if there was, there would be alot of AOD lovers out there who would be sitting on the couch and playing it through the end.
Sorry if i offended anyone, but I feel strongly about all the games, and had no severe problems with any of them.
Any other AOD fans out there who feel the same?

skylark1121 06-04-12 03:51

Join the club. :cool:

It's an excellent game, and by one of the best story/plots.

There are a bunch of people who wish AoD would have a sequel, but unfortunately, that's not in future as of now. But, who knows? Maybe it'll happen one day.

Tony 101 06-04-12 03:52

I hope so!

leglion 06-04-12 04:05

[QUOTE=Tony 101;6086457]I myself, had nothing at all against Tomb Raider: The Angel Of Darkness. It was by far the my most favorite TR game made by Core;apart from Tomb Raider 1. It had a great storyline, great music, and she is finally in a city! Not in jungles, but in a actual city! I have nothing against the other games either, but in Angel Of Darkness, the Ghetto in one of the levels, was actually quite fun to do. It is pretty fun to be in a city.
I had no problem with the graphics. I am used to them, the glitches i find humorous, and the slowness of it I do not mind at all.:) I do not really get why people do not like Angel Of Darkness. I mean, no, it may not have a great plot like the other ones in the past did, or if it did not completely look like the actual Lara Croft; but from the Imperfections, it is actually a really fun game to play. I had heck of a fun time exploring all the levels, i occasionally threw the controller in frustration, but I still played it anyway.
Kurtis DID come out of nowhere, but he was fun to use too! It would be amazing to see him brought back into the Reboot, along with more plot with the nephilim stuff, too.
In conclusion, AOD was not a bad game at all, people in my opinion are over exaggerating about it, thinking it was stupid because of small things, or glitches and such. I think it should have a sequel, and I am sure if there was, there would be alot of AOD lovers out there who would be sitting on the couch and playing it through the end.
Sorry if i offended anyone, but I feel strongly about all the games, and had no severe problems with any of them.
Any other AOD fans out there who feel the same?[/QUOTE]

Exaggerating? Yeah, the glitches were literally so bad that i couldn't get past the first AREA much less the first level. I doubt it's just my copy because I'm not the only person that's experienced this.

I DO NOT want a sequel because it's not worthy of a sequel IMO. Not to mention that the series was fully rebooted, judging from the threads in this section lately, some people didn't get the memo.

Tony 101 06-04-12 04:12

[QUOTE=leglion;6086466]Exaggerating? Yeah, the glitches were literally so bad that i couldn't get past the first AREA much less the first level. I doubt it's just my copy because I'm not the only person that's experienced this.

I DO NOT want a sequel because it's not worthy of a sequel IMO. Not to mention that the series was fully rebooted, judging from the threads in this section lately, some people didn't get the memo.[/QUOTE]

I admit, the glitches are bad. I can't change your opinion XD, my game did not have too much glitches, and none ever got too out of hand at all.

Shark_Blade 06-04-12 04:29

I played the PC and PS2 version. It takes a little training, like riding a bike, you'll get used to it and able to cope, much like any games.

The story is excellent but I don't want CD to continue it. They already done messy damages with the last 3 games imo.
[QUOTE=leglion;6086466]Exaggerating? Yeah, the glitches were literally so bad that i couldn't get past the first AREA much less the first level. I doubt it's just my copy because I'm not the only person that's experienced this.

I DO NOT want a sequel because it's not worthy of a sequel IMO. Not to mention that the series was fully rebooted, judging from the threads in this section lately, some people didn't get the memo.[/QUOTE]You must suck at gaming if you can't even get past the first level. It's not that hard.

Take a video and show us how it's really IMPOSSIBLE to get past the first level.

It sounds like you're exaggerating bull**** just because you dislike AOD. Proof or it didn't happen.

sheepman23 06-04-12 04:31

Wow, this has to be the 503,472nd thread saying that AoD should have a sequel. :p

As for me... eh, I don't know. To continue it after all of these years would be kind of weird in my opinion, but if they could make it work, I'd be all for it. :tmb:

leglion 06-04-12 04:49

[QUOTE=Shark_Blade;6086476]I played the PC and PS2 version. It takes a little training, like riding a bike, you'll get used to it and able to cope, much like any games.

The story is excellent but I don't want CD to continue it. They already done messy damages with the last 3 games imo.
You must suck at gaming if you can't even get past the first level. It's not that hard.

Take a video and show us how it's really IMPOSSIBLE to get past the first level.

It sounds like you're exaggerating bull**** just because you dislike AOD. Proof or it didn't happen.[/QUOTE]

Or perhaps you're beign a blind fanboy and your blind and nonsensical love for AOD is preventing you from seeing the truth. I am not the only one that's experienced this. Right now you're trying to say that a LOT of people are lying simply because they dislike AOD. First of all, sweet heart, i'm not "exaggerating bull****" because i hate AOD, i hate AOD because it's a buggy mess and because of that it's the only TR game to date that i haven't completed. And no, it's not because i suck at gaming, I've completed tomb raider 3 and 4 multiple times and they are by far harder than AOD.

And I'm sorry i cannot prove anything to you because i don't even have my CD anymore, It's beyond me how someone would keep such a thing. But even if i did have it, I wouldn't waste my time proving it to you. It'd be wise to take your head out your ass before replying and accusing me of doing things you have 0 proof of. Especially when i have many others backing my claim.

Tony 101 06-04-12 04:55

[QUOTE=sheepman23;6086477]Wow, this has to be the 503,472nd thread saying that AoD should have a sequel. :p

As for me... eh, I don't know. To continue it after all of these years would be kind of weird in my opinion, but if they could make it work, I'd be all for it. :tmb:[/QUOTE]

Sheepman, I agree :3

@ Leglion and Sharkblade, I didn't really make this thread for us to start quarelling in...I just kinda wanted to see how many people wanted it to have a sequel :| Please don't fight like that...I am sorry If i sound like I am pleading either XD, I can't stand starting to watch people fight.

leglion 06-04-12 04:58

[QUOTE=Tony 101;6086486]Sheepman, I agree :3

@ Leglion and Sharkblade, I didn't really make this thread for us to start quarelling in...I just kinda wanted to see how many people wanted it to have a sequel :| Please don't fight like that...I am sorry If i sound like I am pleading either XD, I can't stand starting to watch people fight.[/QUOTE]

I'm sorry but that's one of the things that irks me the most, when people accuse me of doing things i didn't do. In this case, lying. :rolleyes: