Tomb Raider Forums

Tomb Raider Forums (https://www.tombraiderforums.com/index.php)
-   Fan and Community Showcase (https://www.tombraiderforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   Ideas for OSC 100 (https://www.tombraiderforums.com/showthread.php?t=158470)

Mytly 10-09-09 21:53

Ideas for OSC 100

Our beloved Official Screenshot Competition is about to complete a century. The 100th OSC should be a special one, something spectacular and fun, and one that many people can take part in. So lets hear some ideas about what could make this the best OSC ever. :D

(Since this will be a special OSC, the winner of OSC 99 will get to choose the level for OSC 101. The winner of OSC 100 will get ... satisfaction. :p Or maybe more - lets see if anyone has an idea about this.)

Discussion continued from the [URL="http://www.tombraiderforums.com/showthread.php?t=158298"]OSC 98 entries thread[/URL]. :)

Mad Tony 10-09-09 22:04

I really do like the idea of being able to enter a screenshot from [I]any[/I] Tomb Raider game. No rules, just as long as it's from a Tomb Raider game. That should be interesting, and I expect there'll be a ton of entires.

Mytly 10-09-09 22:08

I think it's almost a given that there will be no specific level for this one, so entries from any level in any TR game will be allowed. However, we already had a similar "open" OSC already - OSC 40 - and this one needs to be more special. ;) I think it needs a theme of some sort, but precisely what I can't decide.

Larson_1988 10-09-09 22:14

What about custom levels? Within a specified theme.

Phlip 10-09-09 22:19

[QUOTE=Phlip;4017040]After all levels are done I think the new requirement for an entry could be something like Lara needs to be holding her weapons for a screenshot, water has to be nearby, she has to be in the air etc....
With this, [I]everyone[/I] will be able to post an entry and no-one will be left out. :D[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=Mad Tony;4017198]I don't understand, how will that ensure that everyone will be able to post an entry?[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=Phlip;4017363]Because ever TR game has guns, water and the ability to be in the air. Therefore if one of those examples is the requirement then even if you only have one PC TR game then you could still enter.[/QUOTE]

This is this:

[QUOTE=Mad Tony;4017444]I really do like the idea of being able to enter a screenshot from [I]any[/I] Tomb Raider game. No rules, just as long as it's from a Tomb Raider game. That should be interesting, and I expect there'll be a ton of entires.[/QUOTE]

Mytly 10-09-09 22:24

[QUOTE=Larson_1988;4017459]What about custom levels? Within a specified theme.[/QUOTE]
Custom Levels are probably not a good idea. Much as I love them, they are after all not the original and official games. In any case, I think 9 full-length games plus the Gold levels is quite a lot of sources for one screenshot. :D

Phlip, your suggestions are quite interesting for future OSCs, but IMO, they're not spectacular enough for OSC 100. :)

Phlip 10-09-09 22:27

Thanks, becaue I always found it kinda unfair that some people weren't able to enter.

Mad Tony 10-09-09 22:28

[QUOTE=Phlip;4017486]Thanks, becaue I always found it kinda unfair that some people weren't able to vote.[/QUOTE]Enter, don't you mean?

The problem with your idea though is that people more often than not will go for the more recent games because of their graphical advantages. I have to admit though, I do hate it when somebody picks a level from AoD, Legend, Anniversary and Underworld because I can't participate in them.

]{eith 10-09-09 22:29

*goes into random idea spew mode*

Battle shots? (any shot during involving enemies)
Boss battle shots? (any shot involving bosses)
No Lara (Lara must not be visible in the screenshot)
Water shots (any shot taken under water)
Deaths (shot of Lara's mangled corpse)
First come, First serve (When someone posts a screen, no one else can use that level)
C'mon, Vogue (Best Lara Pose)

etc, etc. :pi:

Mad Tony 10-09-09 22:30

I love the no Lara idea. :tmb: