Tomb Raider Forums

Tomb Raider Forums (https://www.tombraiderforums.com/index.php)
-   General Chat (https://www.tombraiderforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   Woman Pregnant with her dad's baby...and she claims they're in love (https://www.tombraiderforums.com/showthread.php?t=187506)

RAID 21-12-11 08:24

Woman Pregnant with her dad's baby...and she claims they're in love

This is just sick...I know it dates back to march, but it's still shocking...

[URL]http://www.thejournal.ie/woman-carries-fathers-baby-and-claims-were-in-love-2011-03/[/URL]

A 28-YEAR-OLD woman is pregnant with her Irish-born father’s baby.
The Irish Sun splashed this morning with the exclusive story of Garry Ryan, 46, and his long-lost daughter Penny Lawrence, 28, who met last year when Lawrence tracked Ryan down. He had been born in Palmerstown in Dublin but moved with his family to the US when he was two. He made Lawrence’s mother Angela pregnant when he was 18 but left her before their baby, Penny, was born.
Angela died when Penny was four and her maternal grandparents, who raised her, died when she was 18. Lawrence said she became “obsessed” with finding her only remaining close blood relative, her father. Last March she tracked him down to Houston, Texas and after several daily phonecalls, flew there from LA to surprise him.
Ryan said that the pair felt an instant physical attraction when they met, and soon began an incestuous sexual relationship. Lawrence is now pregnant with his child.
The father and daughter claim that their mutual attraction is the result of Genetic Sexual Attraction, a term used since the 1980s to describe feelings of attraction between blood relatives who first meet as adults. Several theories surround the possibly phenomenon of GSA, including the fact that humans are frequently attracted to faces which are similar to their own, and that not meeting until adulthood means the normal sexual taboo that exists between relatives has not had time to develop.
Lawrence told The Sun’s Dulcie Pearse:[INDENT]We are not committing incest, but are victims of GSA. We’ve never experienced a father-daughter relationship, so we’re just like any other strangers who meet in adulthood.

[/INDENT]She says that if the three-month scan of their baby shows no birth defects, they will proceed with the pregnancy and set up home together.
Ryan said that he realises that their relationship is illegal and they are afraid that they will be ordered apart by the courts. But he added:[INDENT]It’s no different than if I met Penny in a bar. I’d have fallen for her as I have now. It doesn’t feel we are doing anything wrong.

[/INDENT]Lawrence said that when she first made contact with her estranged father, he had told her he had always felt guilty for leaving her and her mother. He explained:[INDENT]I was an 18-year-old kid and when Angela told me she was pregnant I wanted to do the right thing. We decided to get married but Angela’s parents disapproved of the relationship and didn’t want me around.

[/INDENT]

Autolycus 21-12-11 09:44

Whichever way you look at it, it's wrong. Trying to hide behind so called GSA will never condone it.

zeussy 21-12-11 09:45

Awww, this is so cute :3

Avalon SARL 21-12-11 09:48

No matter what crap of excuses society and people try to bring in, this is wrong, very very very wrong and should never ever be allowed

Tonyrobinson 21-12-11 09:52

Only in Ireland, eh? :p

Might I add that it's sad but generally in more rural areas over here it isn't too uncommon to hear of bonking cousins! :vlol:

Ikas90 21-12-11 10:07

Incest is wrong, but somehow I don't think many people on here actually understand why.

You can look at it both religiously and scientifically - incest is wrong from both viewpoints. Even in my opinion, incest is pretty unusual and unsettling. Doesn't float my boat, so to speak.

However, if these two people are in love, can they help it? Sure they may have genetic imperfections in the brain that causes them to feel attracted to people they shouldn't feel attracted to - but there are plenty of these mistakes in nature, and plenty of people are born with genetic disorders such as autism, down syndrome, and even with limbs missing - does this mean they should also be perceived as disgusting people? As being 'born wrong'? Is there someone to blame? Yes, there should be restrictions on these kinds of relationships but no one should have the right to call them disgusting.

Not to mention there's been incest within the Royal Family but people seem to be perfectly fine with that.

Rapists, yes. Call them disgusting, as their actions are not due to genetics.

Apathetic 21-12-11 10:07

[QUOTE=Avalon SARL;5877154]No matter what crap of excuses society and people try to bring in, this is wrong, very very very wrong and should never ever be allowed[/QUOTE]

lol

Killercowz 21-12-11 11:45

Uh yuck.

Diablo_Rosso 21-12-11 11:50

That's just wrong.

Liara 21-12-11 12:02

It's not really new, I've heard of a lot of similar cases, even mother son and both of them feel there's nothing wrong with it. Nature can be weird ass, so I can't really judge here.

[QUOTE=Ikas]Sure they may have genetic imperfections in the brain that causes them to feel attracted to people they shouldn't feel attracted to - but there are plenty of these mistakes in nature[/QUOTE]
Sounds about right to me. Nature is anything but perfect, and the baby seems to be developing alright. Though I wonder how the kid will handle the news once he grows up. Finding out that your parents are actually daughter and father? It's definitely a news hard to wrap your head around.