Tomb Raider Forums

Tomb Raider Forums (https://www.tombraiderforums.com/index.php)
-   Rise of the Tomb Raider (https://www.tombraiderforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=57)
-   -   Been playing the PS4 PRO version and... (https://www.tombraiderforums.com/showthread.php?t=216675)

Peep Show 09-11-16 23:06

Been playing the PS4 PRO version and...

The game looks incredible on my 4K TV! I'm so amazed guys, NO MORE JAGGIES/ALIASING WHEN USING THE "4K Mode".

I've been switching between the 3 modes, and honestly the 1080p modes look really blurry in comparison, they're also full of jaggies. The "higher framerate" mode is definitely really smooth to play, but i'd rather play it in the 4K mode where the image quality is truly great.

I'm so happy the jaggies are gone. :jmp:

Blackmoor 09-11-16 23:51

What's the controller like on the Pro - are the analogue sticks any less stiff at all? Or is it exactly the same?

I mean compared to the PS4 controller in general - not specifically talking about the lag with ROTTR.

I prefer the "looser" PS3 controller and so am a bit hopeful they may have inched back a bit that way with the Pro controller.

Peep Show 09-11-16 23:56

^It feels pretty much the same (I like it personally).

Phlip 10-11-16 09:31

[QUOTE=Blackmoor;7679514]What's the controller like on the Pro - are the analogue sticks any less stiff at all? Or is it exactly the same?

I mean compared to the PS4 controller in general - not specifically talking about the lag with ROTTR.

I prefer the "looser" PS3 controller and so am a bit hopeful they may have inched back a bit that way with the Pro controller.[/QUOTE]

The lag is 95% gone with Patch 1.05 anyway.

Glad to hear the jagged edges are gone anyway, but tbh there's no excuse for them to be there originally.

fondantcookie 10-11-16 09:33

My PS4 Pro is 1 hour away from being delivered...
I CANNOT WAIT to play RotTR again on it, this time on Survivor mode.

(on my Sony Bravia 4K 55" TV :jmp:)

Glad it's looking good Peep Show :tmb:

ThatSassyKid 10-11-16 09:49

[QUOTE=Blackmoor;7679514]What's the controller like on the Pro - are the analogue sticks any less stiff at all? Or is it exactly the same?

I prefer the "looser" PS3 controller and so am a bit hopeful they may have inched back a bit that way with the Pro controller.[/QUOTE]

It's a PS4 controller with much better grip :)

fondantcookie 10-11-16 12:08

Arghh my PRO has been delivered...

BRING. IT. ON :p

Lara_C 10-11-16 17:20

Just starting my proper play through on the pro now. Still not sure what option to go for as even though I only have a 1080p tv currently it seems to look best using the 4K mode?!? Is this because it's downsampling or super sampling (not sure what it actuality is). If I go for that am I missing out on all the extra bells and whistles enriched mode gives? I'm a tad confused lol. Frame rate mode is very good so will for sure play though The game once using that too, feels paractally like the DE.

ThatSassyKid 10-11-16 17:57

[QUOTE=Lara_C;7679765]Just starting my proper play through on the pro now. Still not sure what option to go for as even though I only have a 1080p tv currently it seems to look best using the 4K mode?!? Is this because it's downsampling or super sampling (not sure what it actuality is). If I go for that am I missing out on all the extra bells and whistles enriched mode gives? I'm a tad confused lol. Frame rate mode is very good so will for sure play though The game once using that too, feels paractally like the DE.[/QUOTE]

The enriched visuals mode has a few extra hair strands and some extra dynamic foliage. Not worth it in my opinion, play the unlocked frame rate mode.

Lara_C 10-11-16 19:26

[QUOTE=ThatSassyKid;7679778]The enriched visuals mode has a few extra hair strands and some extra dynamic foliage. Not worth it in my opinion, play the unlocked frame rate mode.[/QUOTE]

I've decided to go with 4K because even on my hdtv it looks so crisp and clear.....and Jaggies really are gone. I think I'll do high frame rate for my second play through because I'll do that on survivor so the extra precision in combat will help. Still confused on some of the other stuff mentioned in the new official PS4 pro tech trailer......I can do without finer hair and dynamic foliage but if u don't go with enriched visuals mode do the other two miss out on hardware tesselation, anisotropic filtering, incredsed LOD BIAS and increased LOD? To be fair I only really know what a few of those do exactly but it seems a waste if not used