Tomb Raider Forums

Tomb Raider Forums (https://www.tombraiderforums.com/index.php)
-   Tomb Raider (https://www.tombraiderforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=44)
-   -   OXM Reveals Tomb Raider Multiplayer! (https://www.tombraiderforums.com/showthread.php?t=196103)

MeaganMarie 28-12-12 16:06

OXM Reveals Tomb Raider Multiplayer!

[IMG]http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8081/8317670585_8a73847539.jpg[/IMG]

Very exciting news to (finally) confirm to you guys! Lara’s on the February cover of OXM, paired with a big announcement. Tomb Raider will include a multiplayer offering thanks to the hard work of our sister-studio, the hugely talented Eidos Montreal. The team at Eidos Montreal has been working away at the multiplayer while we focused everything on the single-player offering.

I know you all will have dozens and dozens of questions – hang in there. OXM has the exclusive details for now. We’ll have lots of information coming out of CES in early January. I can’t answer much (anything) until then.

I hope you guys are excited! We’ll have to create a new thread closer to launch to share gamer tags and usernames and so on – that way we can play together!

Killercowz 28-12-12 16:06

As if we didn't know. :p

Yay.

Tonyrobinson 28-12-12 16:07

Nice news hopefully we hear more about the movie too. :)

Carbonek_0051 28-12-12 16:08

Awesome! Any idea when the magazine is out? I am collecting the magazines until launch. :)

By the way, the pic isn't showing in the OP. Here it is:

[IMG]http://24.media.tumblr.com/e4defd9b009ae7728aee21198a06bdf2/tumblr_mfqzjiLm6o1qkq7tbo1_r1_500.jpg[/IMG]

Killercowz 28-12-12 16:09

Omfg Roth looks like a zombie.

ROMBIE.

Gladous 28-12-12 16:09

The sky is blue.

But fah realz doe! I'm super excited! :jmp:

FearEffect 28-12-12 16:09

OMMG !!! :jmp:

MyRaider4Life 28-12-12 16:11

We were all so right! ;D

Loving it.

Evan C. 28-12-12 16:12

Eidos Montreal working along with Crystal Dynamics?!

This is THE announcement for Tomb Raider!!!

OH MY GOD

Killercowz 28-12-12 16:13

But guise.
dat Roth looks like a zombie though.

[IMG]http://operationgaga.com/public/style_emoticons/default/7C23I.gif[/IMG]

FearEffect 28-12-12 16:15

And HQ

[Url=http://fc07.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2012/363/0/b/tomb_raider___multiplayer_revealed___by_tombraider_survivor-d5pk5vf.jpg][IMG]http://24.media.tumblr.com/e4defd9b009ae7728aee21198a06bdf2/tumblr_mfqzjiLm6o1qkq7tbo1_r1_500.jpg[/IMG][/url]

Carbonek_0051 28-12-12 16:15

[QUOTE=Killercowz;6580746]But guise.
dat Roth looks like a zombie though.

[IMG]http://operationgaga.com/public/style_emoticons/default/7C23I.gif[/IMG][/QUOTE]

He looks fine. :confused:

It's awesome that Eidos Montreal are the ones who've been working on it. I fully expect it to be fully polished & solid then. :tmb:

MyRaider4Life 28-12-12 16:16

Subscribers are getting copies tomorrow.

Hopefully some scans surface. Screenshots and information would slay me. x_x

Killercowz 28-12-12 16:17

[QUOTE=Carbonek_0051;6580749]He looks fine. :confused:
[/QUOTE]

In HQ, guy looked scurry in LQ.

Rai 28-12-12 16:17

Oh joy. Couldn't be less excited for this, myself. Less excited for the game now.

Those who are, enjoy! :D

Carbonek_0051 28-12-12 16:18

[QUOTE=MyRaider4Life;6580751]Subscribers are getting copies tomorrow.

Hopefully some scans surface. Screenshots and information would slay me. x_x[/QUOTE]

Damn, which means a week or two until it's on store shelves.

I am definitely getting a copy ASAP.

BinRaider 28-12-12 16:19

Omg, does anyone else think that's the best render of Lara yet?!

Dying btw.

All I ever wanted if it's good.

Evan C. 28-12-12 16:20

Lara looks amazing, but Roth looks suspicious and really sexy :)

Carbonek_0051 28-12-12 16:21

This sucks my brother got invited to CES because he works at Best Buy, I think he could have taken a guest too but he isn't going. THE ONLY CHANCE I HAD </3

SpyrosMonster 28-12-12 16:21

Loves it! :jmp:

Tonyrobinson 28-12-12 16:21

Meh seeing as the multiplayer is from a different diversion company than the main storyline it won't detract from it at all. If they are able to include the feature then good for them and thank God it is a different company on it and they aren't putting focus on one aspect rather than the other. :)

SpyrosMonster 28-12-12 16:23

I want to see Lukass' face! :D

Steven_1379 28-12-12 16:24

WE ARE EXITED...we better be.
omg omg omg
awesome
CD focuses on SP and Eidos on MP

May I suggest A BETA MP release to make sure its can be fully operational online before release
AND NO ****ING XBOX360 one month ahead exclusiveness like seriously
i never got to play LC&GoL bcause of **** like that >8/

WE THE TR FORUMS ARE OPEN FOR ANY SURVEY REGARDING MP(atleast me)
no need to pay us + you get opinions from the truest of TR fans out in here
just sayin

Lost_Paradise 28-12-12 16:25

I was a little worried about the MP before, but knowing it's Eidos montreal that's doing it I'm not worried anymore, well it may still not be part of classic TR but at least it will be fun, I mean EM did DEHR after all.

.:Tirivol:. 28-12-12 16:27

That's so amazing!
But why you are all happy about Eidos Montreal? They made some great videogames? I really don't know anything..please explain me :p

Carbonek_0051 28-12-12 16:29

[QUOTE=.:Tirivol:.;6580773]That's so amazing!
But why you are all happy about Eidos Montreal? They made some great videogames? I really don't know anything..please explain me :p[/QUOTE]

They've only made one game, [URL="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Deus_Ex:_Human_Revolution"]Deus Ex: Human Revolution[/URL]. Not only is the game amazing, but it uses the CDC engine which means they have experience with the engine and the multiplayer should be polished & solid.

BinRaider 28-12-12 16:29

[QUOTE=Steven_1379;6580767]WE ARE EXITED...we better be.
omg omg omg
awesome
CD focuses on SP and Eidos on MP

May I suggest A BETA MP release to make sure its can be fully operational online before release
AND NO ****ING XBOX360 one month ahead exclusiveness like seriously
i never got to play LC&GoL bcause of **** like that >8/

WE THE TR FORUMS ARE OPEN FOR ANY SURVEY REGARDING MP(atleast me)
no need to pay us + you get opinions[B] from the truest of TR fans out in here
just sayin[/B][/QUOTE]

[I]You[/I]? Truest TR fan?

[IMG]http://operationgaga.com/public/style_emoticons/default/7C23I.gif[/IMG]

You do nothing but slag it off!

MyRaider4Life 28-12-12 16:30

Hoping that because Montreal are developing it, that it's on a separate disc. :3

Underhoe 28-12-12 16:33

...can't say anything.

TippingWater 28-12-12 16:35

[QUOTE=Killercowz;6580739]Omfg Roth looks like a zombie.

ROMBIE.[/QUOTE]

lolz Rombie :vlol:. It seems like they tweaked the CGI model to look a bit more like in-game Lara :). Or maybe that's a in-game shot.

Survivor Lara 28-12-12 16:35

Square Enix and Crystal dynamics needs to make sure that the multiplayer works because if it doesn't then it will be a massive bad move to make, tomb raider had been a single player only game for ages with the exception of GOL, which was co-operative but it worked really well, I don't see why multiplayer needs to be add. :confused:

All developers these day think multiplayer is needed to create a good game because they believe the single player only game that they will create will get jumped on and left behind when the newest and biggest multiplayer game comes out, but that is not the case, I would take a single player game any day over a game with both single player but with a larger and more important multiplayer side.

Assassin's creed for example is an amazing game, when multiplayer was first announced everyone was scared that it wouldn't work, personally I don't really like the ac multiplayer, but many others enjoy the multiplayer but I personally think that assassin's creed was mean't to stay single player only, there was no need for multiplayer to be added since it is very successful for it's single player only aspects in a large scale.

But square enix and crystal have now got an expectation that they need and I mean it NEED to succeed in, otherwise, this new tomb raider game could be in serious trouble, it won't affect me because I won't touch the multiplayer if it isn't any good, but if there is additions of achievement or trophies or in game unlockable within multiplayer as well which also annoys people, I don't want to spend 60 hours of my life trying to get the highest rank to gain an achievement, I would rather have multiplayer as a little side dish which is used as extra bundle of enjoyment and fun for the fan, and not a massive raging session due to silly requirements and unlockables.

MeaganMarie 28-12-12 16:35

Hey guys! Just as an FYI, I can't say much about multiplayer for the time being. We'll have tons of news coming out of OXM/CES. Feel free to pose questions to me, though, as I'd like to do a big multiplayer segment in the next podcast!

Rider 28-12-12 16:36

No comment, will have to wait and see.
Not really excited, i think that TR game DOES NOT need MP!

Orionvalentine 28-12-12 16:37

I'm indifferent about the MP aspect, and very wary that OXM seem to have exclusive information. I'm guessing PS3 users are going to be shafted along the way, like with many other games and backhanded deals...

Killercowz 28-12-12 16:37

[QUOTE=TippingWater;6580781]lolz Rombie :vlol:. [B]It seems like they tweaked the CGI model to look a bit more like in-game Lara [/B]:). Or maybe that's a in-game shot.[/QUOTE]

Maybe, the latter seems more likely though.

[IMG]http://imageshack.us/a/img831/1391/zombieroththough.jpg[/IMG]

Carbonek_0051 28-12-12 16:39

[QUOTE=Survivor Lara;6580782]Square Enix and Crystal dynamics needs to make sure that the multiplayer works because if it doesn't then it will be a massive bad move to make, tomb raider had been a single player only game for ages with the exception of GOL, which was co-operative but it worked really well, I don't see why multiplayer needs to be add. :confused:

All developers these day think multiplayer is needed to create a good game because they believe the single player only game that they will create will get jumped on and left behind when the newest and biggest multiplayer game comes out, but that is not the case, I would take a single player game any day over a game with both single player but with a larger and more important multiplayer side.

Assassin's creed for example is an amazing game, when multiplayer was first announced everyone was scared that it wouldn't work, personally I don't really like the ac multiplayer, but many others enjoy the multiplayer but I personally think that assassin's creed was mean't to stay single player only, there was no need for multiplayer to be added since it is very successful for it's single player only aspects in a large scale.

But square enix and crystal have now got an expectation that they need and I mean it NEED to succeed in, otherwise, this new tomb raider game could be in serious trouble, it won't affect me because I won't touch the multiplayer if it isn't any good, but if there is additions of achievement or trophies or in game unlockable within multiplayer as well which also annoys people, I don't want to spend 60 hours of my life trying to get the highest rank to gain an achievement, I would rather have multiplayer as a little side dish which is used as extra bundle of enjoyment and fun for the fan, and not a massive raging session due to silly requirements and unlockables.[/QUOTE]

Crystal Dynamics aren't the ones developing multiplayer, so I don't know why you keep speaking as if they are.

Also, I still don't get the argument about TR always being a single player game only. The main game still IS single player only. Multiplayer is going to be optional for people who want to play with friends online.

As for your example of AC, you chose a really bad example as to why it shouldn't have MP. AC's MP has been successful for the most part and never really affects how the single player turns out.
[QUOTE=Orionvalentine;6580786]I'm indifferent about the MP aspect, and very wary that OXM seem to have exclusive information. I'm guessing PS3 users are going to be shafted along the way, like with many other games and backhanded deals...[/QUOTE]
No. OXM just paid to get the exclusive info first. I don't see how that points to PS3 users getting shafted. Already with assumptions, eh?

Rai 28-12-12 16:39

[QUOTE=MeaganMarie;6580783]Hey guys! Just as an FYI, I can't say much about multiplayer for the time being. We'll have tons of news coming out of OXM/CES. Feel free to pose questions to me, though, as I'd like to do a big multiplayer segment in the next podcast![/QUOTE]

Please tell me just this: That the estimated 10-12 hr game length is for the single player only. The MP mode adds to this, right? The MP won't interfere with the single player story at all?

MyRaider4Life 28-12-12 16:40

[QUOTE=MeaganMarie;6580783]Feel free to pose questions to me, though, as I'd like to do a big multiplayer segment in the next podcast![/QUOTE]

Was it a pain chasing after all the things we discovered in the last few weeks, relating to multiplayer? :p

TippingWater 28-12-12 16:41

[QUOTE=MyRaider4Life;6580777]Hoping that because Montreal are developing it, that it's on a separate disc. :3[/QUOTE]

This! :tmb: Good to know that they probably won't have to sacrifice anything just for the sake of multiplayer :). Tomb Raider could turn out to be one of the best franchise in gaming once again if they do this right. Excited? Yes! :D:jmp:

tomekkobialka 28-12-12 16:41

Obvious question: Why does the game have multiplayer? :p