Tomb Raider Forums

Tomb Raider Forums (https://www.tombraiderforums.com/index.php)
-   Tomb Raider Anniversary (https://www.tombraiderforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=27)
-   -   To people complaining about the Adrenaline Dodge (https://www.tombraiderforums.com/showthread.php?t=98018)

TrojanMan 08-06-07 21:40

To people complaining about the Adrenaline Dodge

I see lot's of people complaining that some of the bosses require this technique to be beaten. I'm actually glad the game forces you to get a hang of such a cool move, because just mindlessly shooting them isn't near as fun or satisfying. In a way, it contributes to Lara's personality as well. She strikes me as a cunning and risky character who's more likely to exploit the weaknesses of her foes than just spray and pray.

[B]How do I activate Adrenaline Dodge?[/B]

Just about every enemy in the game is vulnerable to an AD (Adrenaline Dodge). The first step is to make the enemy angry enough. This is clearer with bosses because of their life bars. Underneath their life bar is their Rage Meter, which is what you want to fill up. I suggest using Lara's standard pistols for this. Equip them, lock-on to the hated foe and just fire away. With each bullet that hits them, the bar will rise, but it depletes quickly so much sure your guns are fully loaded and you fire faster than it lowers.

Once it's full the enemy will cease it's current actions and begin it's Rage Attack. It will signify this usually by some type of taunt (roar, howl, etc) and a spark will ignite on the enemy's character model. If you want to do major damage, I suggest switching to the shotgun or magnums once this happens. At this point the enemy will begin dashing at Lara. Once it gets close enough the screen will blur an intense orange/red. MAKE SURE YOU'RE LOCKED-ON, and then press the roll/dodge button while moving sideways. Lara will dive sideways and the game will run in slow-motion.

[B]How do I successfully perform an AD?[/B]

Though the game says you should watch for the cross hairs to overlap, I don't recommend this. Once Lara is diving in slow motion (following the instructions above), all other sound will be nigh-erased, SO WAIT FOR THE AUDIBLE BEEP SOUND EFFECT. This signifies that the cross hairs have overlapped and once you hear this sound, press the fire button and the action will be a success. Once you hear the sound, there is not much time to fire, so be quick, but don't get nervous and shoot too early.

[B]Centaur Exception?[/B]

A difference I've noticed in the centaurs is when the screen blurs. Once they dash at Lara, the screen will become an orange tint, BUT DON'T DODGE YET. Wait until the dashing centaur is close enough to Lara to the point when the tint becomes an intense orange/red blur.

Xian Priestess 08-06-07 21:48

I've found that the more I actually concentrate on the AD, the less I can do it! Funnily enough, it works best for me when I just go with instinct - I get it every time then. But if I've died and start again, this time really trying to concentrate on the timing of the roll/left/right, I miss the damned thing completely! I now have repetitive strain injury to my thumbs and lower arms, so I'm taking an hour off from the centaurs! Hehe - I nearly had 'em licked at 7pm. Now I'm as hopeless as ever! :)

Notts Raider 08-06-07 22:03

The rage meter also increases faster when you are near to your target. Long distance shooting takes more time to get it ****ed.

Smegzilla 08-06-07 22:05

I actually like the adrenaline dodge. I'm comfortable enough with it now that I know if it messes up, it's due to my own poor timing. Got the hang of doing it while running backwards down corridors away from enemies in Greece :D

Xian Priestess 08-06-07 22:11

[QUOTE=Smegzilla;1880205]I actually like the adrenaline dodge. I'm comfortable enough with it now that I know if it messes up, it's due to my own poor timing. Got the hang of doing it while running backwards down corridors away from enemies in Greece :D[/QUOTE]

Oh, it's definitely down to the gamer's dexterity and timing, I agree. I think it's a great move when you pull it off. I also liked the one in Legend, though - where she could vault in slo-mo over her enemy and shoot him in the head. Why did they get rid of that?

Dark Lugia 2 08-06-07 22:13

Great guide there man, I hope it helps the guys who cant do it :D
personaly I find it veeeery easy, and i'm on PC controls. :p

The Great Chi 08-06-07 22:46

Call me old fashioned, but I prefer the old mindless shooting, and jumping, sumersaulting, dodging, back flips, etc :p

By the time I am finished the T-rex has twisted its neck :vlol:

I can just visulise this.....

[IMG]http://i59.photobucket.com/albums/g293/greatchi/wild11.jpg[/IMG]

blu39 08-06-07 23:08

hi there!

i am new here but i have a question for you all! i am trying to kill that b***h natla using the adrenaline dodge but with her it doesn't seem to work.

she moves too damn fast and kickes my arse royally every time i try it on her.:(

what do i do, apart from scream expletives at her on screen?:hea::tea:

thanks

blu

Natey168 08-06-07 23:09

I like the adrenaline dodges, because I can kill the enemies faster, and get back to exploring. :p

Pyroglyphikz 09-06-07 07:03

[QUOTE=blu39;1880387]hi there!

i am new here but i have a question for you all! i am trying to kill that b***h natla using the adrenaline dodge but with her it doesn't seem to work.

she moves too damn fast and kickes my arse royally every time i try it on her.:(

what do i do, apart from scream expletives at her on screen?:hea::tea:

thanks

blu[/QUOTE]

dodge up instead of doing it to the side, and you have to preempt her strike and dodge fairly early.

but mainly, dodge up, going left or right isn't fast enough.