Tomb Raider Forums

Tomb Raider Forums (https://www.tombraiderforums.com/index.php)
-   Tomb Raider (https://www.tombraiderforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=44)
-   -   Joystiq: Rumored leaked photos of Tomb Raider reboot. (https://www.tombraiderforums.com/showthread.php?t=154888)

Limblifter 11-07-09 17:26

Joystiq: Rumored leaked photos of Tomb Raider reboot.

I haven't posted here in [I]forever[/I], but I came across this and was interested. Came here to see what people were saying about it, only to see that it hadn't been posted. So:

[QUOTE]We're usually pretty hesitant when it comes to accepting the testimony of moles at face value, but this story's got a bit of credibility -- some underground agent, working in conjunction with Four Player Co-Op, snagged some supposed screengrabs of concept art and details for a new Tomb Raider game. According to the text accompanying the art, Lara's new adventure will be open-world, will feature a reworked combat system and -- most importantly -- will serve as an origin story for the young heiress.[/QUOTE]

It's all [URL="http://www.joystiq.com/2009/07/11/rumor-leaked-photos-tease-tomb-raider-reboot/"]here[/URL] and [URL="http://www.fourplayercoop.com/news/444-tomb-raider-reboot-the-first-details"]here[/URL].

Just to clear up some confusion: There's nothing [I]officially[/I] released. There is no [I]official[/I] confirmation on the validity of these images or game details. The game has [I]not[/I] been announced by Crystal, Eidos, or Square. It is a [I]leak[/I] from an unofficial source. Take that as you will. :)

Kittypower 11-07-09 17:28

:jmp::jmp::jmp:

It looks dark...

Super Badnik 11-07-09 17:30

Oh my God, Oh my God, Oh my God:jmp:

robm_2007 11-07-09 17:31

OMG! even if this is just a rumor, it looks so cool!

thanks! :jmp:
suspected M rating?! :jmp: i love it!

The1andOnlyTR 11-07-09 17:34

[FONT="Verdana"][SIZE="2"]OMG!! Those pictures are sooo AOD!!! Woww!!! :jmp: :jmp: :yik: :yik: Thanks for the post!! :hug:

Here is the story!!! [B]MAJOR SPOILERS!![/B]

**[COLOR="White"]When a sudden storm destroys her research vessel, a young and inexperienced Lara Croft finds herself on a mysterious and remote island, hidden off the coast of Japan. Despite several signs of various inhabitants, the island is oddly deserted, and an uneasy feeling settles in as strange sounds emerge from the shadows. With only her determination, inner strength, and resourcefullness to help her, Lara must overcome the challenges of a harsh and unforgiving journey that will take her through a vast island wilderness and deep into the claustrophobic and menacing underground tombs from the islands past. As she struggles to prevail through brutal combat encounters and treacherous exploration, Lara will be pushed to her limits and forced to adapt to her situation in order to survive the and escape the lethal predators that stalk her every move.

[B]Hunt or be Hunted:[/B] Evade, outsmart and track and kill the mysterious enemies that hunt you as prey.
[B]Survival Action:[/B] Brutally attack and defend yourself as you fight to survive through visceral one-on-one meele combat.
[B]Strategic Weapons:[/B] Gain an advantage in combat by finding an array of different meeled and ranged weapons including a variety of guns and the hunters ultimate weapon, the bow.
[B]Creative Survival:[/B] React and adapt to the island by using only that which you can salvage from the environment like climbing axes, rope and machetes that can be used to unlock new traversal and combat gameplay options.
[B]Free Movement:[/B] Scramble up a vertical cliff wall, sprint and leap across a huge chasm, steer mid-air to land a misdirected jump. There is no one right way to travers, survive and explore the harsh environment of the island.
[B]One Cohesive World:[/B] The diverse multi-region island is an open playground alive with creatures, weather and natural events.
[B]Origin Story:[/B] This new Tomb Raider Concept reboots the franchise by exploring the origins of Lara Croft's transformation into a hardened adventurer as you unravel the story behind the island's mysterious past.

[B]Eidos & Crystal Dynamics[/B]
[B]Available for:[/B] $59.99 - [I]Playstation 3, Xbox360[/I] & $39.99 - [I]PC[/I]
[B]Expected Age Rating:[/B] ESRB M for Mature[/COLOR]**
[/SIZE][/FONT]

-Roli- 11-07-09 17:34

OMG! :yik:

Zebra 11-07-09 17:35

Okay...definitely not what I was expecting...I was somehow expecting an open-world island. But not in Japan. And I wasn't expecting bows or horse riding or zombie-like creatures. To me it looks absolutely genuine though.

Ilie_Fusarau 11-07-09 17:36

Woohoo!:cln::jmp:

michaeldt 11-07-09 17:38

OMG! OMG! I'm so excited! But I will try my best not to spoil myself too much this time.

Rivendell 11-07-09 17:38

Oh!! I just whimpered a little!! :yah: :jmp: :cln: