Here's a summary, bitches.
- He acknowledges that fans will be wary of changes.
- But of course comes back to say that after playing it feels the "creation and execution are coming from the right place." Of course you're going to say that now, then the review will come out and you'll pan it.
- Team Deathmatch is in.
- "a team of Lara's surviving allies pitted against a group of hostile natives cutely referred to as "scavengers.""
- Best-of-three matches, alternating between sides.
- "an immediate wrong turn out of our cavernous base ... had us sliding down a rocky water tunnel..."
- "the maps aren't too wide open"
- "lever-baser traps that shot spikes out of walls, climable surfaces (ohh, fancy), destroyable environmental elements (like bridges), and weaponry like Lara's now trademark bow and arrow."
- Second game type "Rescue" survivors have to collect a certain amount of med-packs and deliver them to rotating destinations while scavengers must reach a certain kill count.
- Rescue gives survivors a "bleed-out" time, that you can cut short with a "brutal" melee finisher. No talk if you can bring back people that are bleeding out.
- "Wind Chasm" was the map they played on. Tropical, with traps, vantage points and junk.
- Karl "dropped hints about a mode called "Cry for Help," which apparently will place a strong emphasis on discovery and collection." Adventure as opposed to combat game type.
- Unclear if any other modes available.
- "select from a deep roster of characters."
- "different stats and loadouts."
- "primary firearm/bow, sidearm, grenade style projectile, climbing axe that serves as a melee."
- XP gained can go to altering stats and purchasing more advanced characters.
- No Lara in multiplayer that he saw.
- Can chose the same character as a teammate.
- Some single player actions have been sped up for sanity-sake.
- Blah blah Guardian of Light makes them think multiplayer is what we want blah blah.
- "[Noah Hughes] goes on to note that while it make seem odd that this historically loner heroine now has a whole roster of companions..." What happened to Alistair? Zip? Anya? ... Oh yeah, reboot.
- Goes through the same old campaign points; hanging upside down, falling onto spike, running through cave, Sam, wolf, bear trap, blah blah blah.
- Bow can be used to distract enemies.
- More QTE's.
- "... Lara runs into a group of scavengers that includes a shielded man wearing a steel mask. Gunfire doesn't work on this guy..." MY TIN FOIL ARMOR WILL SAVE MEEEEEEE
- Dave Rudden, OXM Issue 145 February 2013
Blue are my thoughts.
As far as pictures go, they show one or two of the multiplayer, nothing interesting. The HUD is super slimmed down and barely noticeable.