View Single Post
Old 31-03-12, 22:22   #1511
Legend of Lara

Welp, just about every new show this season has ended now, so here's my end of season review thing!

Shows listed in alphabetical order. To make stuff interesting, I bestow honours upon each show. Yes, indeed.

Amagami SS + Plus

Pretty much more of the same thing as the first series, not that that's a bad thing. Basically, ultra fluffy and sugary romance hijinks. Each one of the girls gets a 2-episode mini-arc that shows what happens after their arc in the original. It's all very cute and fluffy. Very, very fluffy.

Final rating 9/10

Honours:
Best use of Engrish (SEKUSHII UAOH)
Best Romance

Another

Final Destination: The Anime, basically. Bunch of kids die in increasingly gruesome and ridiculous ways. It's kind of like that and Higurashi, but without the random outbursts of fanservice comedy that so plagued the aforementioned. Another is dead srs for the whole run through, except for... one scene in episode 6. :3

Also I love Mei so much.

Final rating: 8/10

Honours:
Best (only) Horror
Best (only) Ali Project opening

Black★Rock Shooter (2012)

Such terrible, terrible CGI. Such awful, awful CGI. God damn.
If you want to see middle schools girls completely and utterly breaking down interspersed with very weird CGI action sequences, this is pretty much the best anime ever. The characters are... quirky, the story is kind of nonsensical, but I can't deny that the production as a whole was very fun to watch.

Final rating: 6/10

Honours:
Best (only) use of Miku Hatsune (OP)

Brave 10

It's Sengoku Basara but without the gayness.
In other words, completely worthless.

Final rating: 2/10

Honours:
It has Daisuke Ono and I guess that's something?

High School DxD

Most offensively bad thing I have ever seen in my entire life.

Final rating: 0/10

Honours:
Worst new show of the season
Worst opening (Trip -innocent of D by Larval Stage Planning)
Worst ending (Study x Study by the voice actresses)
Worst male protagonist (Issei)
Worst girl (Rias Gremory)
Worst supporting female (That one girl in episode 2)
Worst supporting male (That one guy in episode 1)
Worst ecchi
Worst action
Worst characters
Worst everything else

Inu x Boku SS

It started off kinda boring, to be honest, but it got really good around the four-episode mark, where new characters got rapidly introduced. By the end, it had evolved into a very good romantic comedy. I laughed ~several times~! D:
One of my complaints is that it didn't really have an overarching plot. It was just the premise of WEIRD PEOPLE LIVE IN WEIRD HOUSE AND DO WEIRD THINGS. Oh well lol.

Honours:
Best female protagonist (Ririchiyo)

Kill Me Baby

This show was kind of hit-and-miss. Sometimes it was really funny, sometimes it was just boring and repetitive. It would tend to drag on a bit, too. There's really not that much else to say except that Agiri made this thing what it is. The adventures of Yasuna the schoolgirl and Sonya the assassin were wonderful.

Honours:
Best ending (Futari no Kimochi no Honto no Himitsu by Yasuna and Sonya's VAs)
Best supporting female (Agiri Goshiki)

Nisemonogatari

Oh boy oh boy oh boy oh boy ohboyohboyohboy

This was definitely my most anticipated of the season, and with good reason. It was amazing. Every second of every episode dripped pure epicness, among other things. The wordplay. The trippy visuals. The comedic abuse. It's all there. It's all there. It's all glorious. A very worthy sequel to the majestic Bakemonogatari, one of my favourite anniemoos ever.

Basically the polar opposite of High School DxD.

Final rating: 10/10

Honours:
Best new show of the season
Best opening (Futakotome by Chiwa Saito)
Best male protagonist (Koyomi Araragi)
Best girl (Hitagi Senjougahara)
Best supporting male (Kaiki Deishuu)
Best ecchi
Best animation
Best action
Best characters
Best many other things

Papa no Iukoto wo Kisinasai!

Um, no.

Final rating: 2/10

Honours:
ummmmmmmm

Recorder to Randoseru Do

It's a 3-minute show, so there's not really much to say about it. It was funny and charming, I guess. :3

Final rating: 7/10

Honours:
Atsushi is so totally fabulous.

Symphogear

lol badly animated fight scenes melodramatic BS story lololololololol people actually watch this oh wow

Final rating: 3/10

Honours:
It has Nana Mizuki, I guess.

Persona 4 (Carried over from last season)

Well. That was a very polarizing experience.
The first half of the show was very hit-and-miss. Some episodes were good, even great, while some were pretty... non-good. The entire second half, however, continued to astound me with its consistently sky-high level of quality. Episode 15 may very well be one of my favourite anime episodes ever.

And there's going to be an OVA. Judging from the preview in the final episode, it's going to be ridiculously epic.

Now to wait five whole months for said OVA. :/

Final rating: 9.5/10

Honours:
Best everything of everything from last season.
HIDE AND SEEK IT WANTS TO PLAY AGAIN
LIKE A DETECTIVE I WON'T LET IT GET AWAY

Then there's Mirai Nikki but lol Mirai Nikki.

FINAL SEASON RATING: 7/10
It was quite the lovely season, but there was no ridiculously amazing show like last season's Fate/Zero to really make it stand out as the bestest ever.

Incidentally, Fate/Zero continues next season, in about a week.

Yes.

tl;dr: Nisemonogatari is best anime and you will deal.
Legend of Lara is offline   Reply With Quote