View Single Post
Old 21-07-07, 08:16   #18
Ward Dragon
Golden

I don't consider it to be nit-picking when I am annoyed that, for example, every time I try to go somewhere I run into an invisible wall. That's a fundamental gameplay issue, not something minor. I don't think it's nit-picking if I don't like that I am constantly bombarded by headset chatter, on-screen prompts, and other sorts of unwanted hints. It's not nit-picking to be annoyed that everywhere I go in the game, I run into hundreds of generic mercenaries. I don't like fighting too much in games, so it's really not fun for me to go from cutscene to random battle to random battle to yet another cutscene without any exploration in between. I also really hated the motorcycle levels because they were so pointless (I didn't like the chariot races in Prince of Persia T2T either, and I went into that game expecting to love the chariot races from the trailer...) I don't enjoy Legend because everything I liked to do in previous TR games was minimized or cut out entirely in favor of things I don't like to do. I can't help it if I keep trying to grab ledges that look like they should be grabbable, or if I keep trying to jump up onto ledges that are only a foot or two above Lara's head. That's a fundamental part of playing games for me, and every time I try to actually play Legend, the game reminds me that it is extremely limited and only wants me to go down a single narrow path. That is why I only played the game once. I've tried the demo a few times since playing the game, but the feeling won't go away so I haven't yet bothered with trying to play the full game again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indiana Croft View Post
TRL is awesome! I love that game, as I have said over and over. I think the critics are just too picky. I mean, AoD didn't even HAVE tombs! How can Legend be worse than that?
Yes it did. AOD had several tombs or classic-themed areas. These are my favorite:

-St. Aicard's Graveyard
-The Archaeological Dig
-Tomb of Ancients
-The Hall of Seasons
-The Vault of Trophies
-Bio-Research Facility
-Aquatic Research Area

http://www.tombraiderchronicles.com/...ugh/index.html

Pretty much everything after level 5 is classic TR goodness I don't go by number of levels because that doesn't take into account level size. Rather, I go by how long the game takes me to play it through. AOD takes me much longer to play through than Legend, even if I don't count those first five levels of AOD. I also enjoy everything past level 5 much more than I enjoyed anything in Legend. Legend had so much potential but failed to achieve it.

Last edited by Ward Dragon; 21-07-07 at 08:20.
Ward Dragon is offline   Reply With Quote