View Single Post
Old 06-01-17, 13:11   #1
Ermagherd589

Default Why Do People Hate On Crystal Dynamics?

I like to look through reddit a lot, and the YouTube comments on Tomb Raider trailers, and without fail I always see one person saying
"Crystal suk!!1! They R ChanGIn LaRa and All ther gamz suk!"

And then trying to force their opinion on other people when other people say that they like Crystal's games.

You're allowed to not like Crystal's games. I'm not here to tell you that you aren't allowed to. But those people who try to change other people's opinions to fit your liking just need to calm tf down.

Here's my opinion: If Core had continued after the AOD trilogy, made other games that were like TR 1-5, then it would've gotten old fast. I remember seeing people after TR3 came out saying that it was getting really repetitive. Lara goes to a place, finds an artifact, other people get there first and they have to fight each other.

They definitely stepped up their game with TRLR, but it was still essentially the same game style with not many new things added. Then AOD came along, Eidos completely rushed them and they went bust (or whatever happened, I can't really remember). But I am quite sure that after the AOD trilogy, they would have gone back to more of the same, and people would get bored fast.

So Crystal changed it. They didn't make the same game, they took the character, rebooted it and gave it a new style. This way, people wouldn't get bored. Still, the story was basically the same but it had new gameplay, much better graphics and new voice actors. And from then on Crystal owned it, making really great games that would satisfy old fans and new. They rebooted it AGAIN so, again, people wouldn't get bored. I think this was a really good business decision and they did a great job supplying new and fresh ideas every game.

So to those people who keep forcing their ideas on other people, please just stop to think that other people have differing opinions to yours. I, myself, really enjoyed both developers games, and continue to enjoy them with every new one that comes out.

What are your thoughts on everything that Core Design and Crystal Dynamics have done, and do you like both devs games?
Ermagherd589 is offline   Reply With Quote