View Single Post
Old 26-02-11, 16:52   #3
mudkip25

There are many factors for people to either hate or love Legend. For me, I'm on the hate side, which I think most people are on in the forums.

Some things that really make the people here want to burn the game and the two sequels that follow were things like Zip and Alister being annoying, Not continuing where the old games were they were still in the same universe but with lots of things retconned, Short and Easy Game, More graphical detail focused on than gameplay, Lara being over emotional and not being like her old self, Obvious "White Ledges" that Lara can grab onto, Grapple, Lara being fast and light as a feather when she jumps, Cheaply put together story about Lara's mother that was intertwined with the King Arthur and Thor myths.

It is not just Legend itself that made people hate it.
Anniversary contributed to some of it by getting intertwined in the story and when you get all the achievements for Legend on the 360 you still have to download the DLC for Anniversary even if you have the disc for it and complete that to get a completed game on your list.
Underworld also contributed a lot like mixing Anniversary and Legend even more and bringing the "mommy" story back with it.

Lara Croft Guardian of Light was the only game the I think most Core Design <3ers liked.
This game improved on so many things like the white ledges, difficulty and length.

edit: Here is a list of what I wanted to be added and removed from the game:
http://www.tombraiderforums.com/show...6&postcount=20

Last edited by mudkip25; 26-02-11 at 16:58.
mudkip25 is offline   Reply With Quote