View Single Post
Old 30-11-16, 21:34   #25
redfox45

Quote:
Originally Posted by lizardspock110 View Post
You know... I really love reboot Lara's look, maybe even more than classic lara hahaha

Some people say that this Lara would be better off as a new character, but I don't really get it because she still raids tombs and does archaeology, wouldn't it seem too much like a rip off. Maybe she could just raid caves then lol
Well I mean looking back at the series the name "tomb raider" was really only relevant for the first game until IV. As pedantic as that is of me to point out.

The concept I had in my head at the time was The conceptual opposite to Lara, a hispanic-american orphan with a very dark past. Maybe someone who spent most of her life living hard without a home or a family.
And through some *shrug* circumstance winds up in a similar situation only instead she is someone who Sam has taken under her wing, happy to be on the trip but totally uninterested in the mythological/archaeological side of things.
And from there you could tell the story of not a boffin who learns to become a hard edged survivor, but the story of someone who is already a hard edged survivor who has her world opened up to a something she develops a great passion for.
Then the focus of the story isn't how many horrible things she can inflict/suffer but of someone finding her calling in life, how she goes from skeptical realist to someone who realizes she wants to become a "tomb raider"
redfox45 is offline   Reply With Quote