View Single Post
Old 09-11-14, 13:58   #984
Lwmte

While TeslaRus is now developing something that everyone is waiting for (well... maybe except graphical improvements and ring inventory! ), here are some minor news!

First of all, I'm trying to get Lara's ponytail working, and even with such great physics engine as Bullet, it's not that easy (especially because I'm bad at physics, plus English terminology is a bit confusing). Ponytail is being laggy, shaky and not reacting properly at Lara's movements, but at least I already managed to link six-part constrained chain to Lara's head!

The biggest problem for me is how to link actual hair meshes to Bullet bodies, and maybe make TR2-3 ponytails appear "jointed", as in TR4-5. Maybe I'll also experiment with soft bodies to receive more organic hair feel.

Also, we have registered domain name for the project, so you can now directly access SourceForge page by typing opentomb.org in your address bar! Additionally, I've made my Youtube account official channel for OpenTomb, added extensive news article to long-abandoned ModDB page, which was published on the main page (this immediately gave us a boost of 2000 hits yesterday). This way, I hope, more people become aware and interested with the project outside TR community.

Last edited by Lwmte; 09-11-14 at 13:59.
Lwmte is offline   Reply With Quote