View Single Post
Old 16-05-16, 22:17   #30
Sir Launcelot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trenton View Post
10 more levels is quite a lot though. Plus some of the levels already there is pretty much a crime against humanity so they would have to be removed. *cough* bike levels *cough*
Depends on how you consider levels, as areas with levels, or each area a level? I think Legend was about as half or three quarters as long as it should have been.

The bikes in Legend were better than the Mexico bike riding in TRU, in any case. Though I agree the Kazakhstan bike sequence was pretty sucky.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trenton View Post
Well, to be fair it is a remake of TR1 so you can't really blame them for that. Plus, 'easy' doesn't really matter in my opinion as long as it works. You can put a lot of effort into something that ultimately doesn't work and you can put a lot less effort into something else and somehow it works brilliantly. So effort doesn't mean anything in my book as long as it doesn't yield results. Only the final product delivered to the gamers means something.

Plus if it was as 'easy' as that then it's a wonder they still essentially screwed up by crapping all over TR1. Just because I said Anniversary is their best TR game doesn't mean it's an improvement over the original. It still can't hold a candle to TR1. In my opinion they only got one level right, one level in the entire game. That's St.Francis' Folly, but even that level still has some weaknesses compared to the TR1 original. Still, if every level had been remade with the same quality and care that St.Francis' Folly recieved then I'd say Anniversary would have been a successful remake.
I'm sure they "changed" TRA because they thought it would help sales. What if the game was EXACTLY the same as TR1, in very respect except graphics? Maybe less purchases? From CD's point of view, better to sell more copies and put up with the howling from the Core fanboys.
Sir Launcelot is offline   Reply With Quote