Thread: TRSearch Down?
View Single Post
Old 20-08-17, 13:42   #72
Blu

Great suggestions, thanks Caesum !

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caesum View Post
Since trsearch is still in fixing progress, could you add a category where people could add their tech demos? So far I see them being uploaded to TRLE.net, where they get awful reviews unjustly, since people rate them as normal levels and not as demos that show ideas/technicalities. It would be great if trsearch supported adding tech demos, so people could upload their projects with tutorials. It would help setting up some more complex puzzles, scripts et cetera.
This is an example of such case:
http://trle.net/sc/levelfeatures.php?lid=2034
Quote:
It really depends on how you consider the levels. I believe they are not to be considered as "legitimate" levels since they only show some technicalities or help to achieve some results. They are more assets than levels themselves. Of course I have already asked Michael Prager to add the new category, but seriously I don't think that will stop some individuals like manarch2 from trashing them.

If trsearch had an option to upload such tech demos (it already has a category for projects) then it would fix the problem entirely, since technical demos would get their place next to other TRLE assets and tutorials.
Quote:
..and I haven't asked aspidetr yet. Feel free to do so if you like though.
In the new version of the aspidetr.com website (long since WIP, now in standby due to TRsearch XD ) we have inserted also new levels categories like "Demo", but I agree with you that the better place for these "Tech Demos" is TRsearch, where people could upload their projects with tutorials etc, here will be more usefull and will be reviewed not like a normal levels but for the ideas/technicalities etc.

Quote:
Also, can you please make it possible for users to upload bigger files? For example some time ago I have uploaded my Tomb Raider Forgotten Remnants wads to trsearch, but when you download the archive you can only find a .txt file with link to the real download. In some cases these links are not available anymore and a lot of bigger, more interesting objects are lost, since they weren't uploaded to trsearch directly.
This is an example of such case:
https://www.trsearch.org/Items/4370
No problem to extend the limit of the files size, but it should be said that over some size there is a real problem to managing the automatic upload by the user, however the problem is easily bypassable sending the larger files directly to us. I agree with you, like you said it's better to avoid that the people insert .txt file with external download links that could no be longer available, better keep the stuff/resource in the archive on TRsearch.

Regarding the TRsearch website we are constantly working on it (always compatibly with our work), we will keep you up to date
Blu is offline   Reply With Quote