View Single Post
Old 24-09-17, 10:47   #14
AkyV

Like:
Some people here already said that big, empty places suck where Lara can be lost. I must say I like beautiful cityscapes and landscapes in huge rooms, I like adventuring and discovering with Lara there. (If only when you say "empty" that means "there are hardly any tasks here". If you say "empty" with the literal meaning nothing is there, this room is only a big cube after all - well, that is something that I also hate.) Naturally I also don't like to be lost there, searching for a tiny, hidden feature without any clues.
I am a discoverer type, I like it more than hard jumps, rough traps, wild battles etc.

Hate:
Okay, I understand that sometimes the circumstances must be irrealistic (like a floating island level). But in many cases (like an urban level) the realism should be a kinda must.
I mean, builders should be careful with things like this:

- Communicating vessels. When the two entrances of the U-shaped vertical water tunnel has on different levels.
- An ancient tomb opened by Lara first after one thousand years - and what you can see first are flaming torches on the wall. Some tricks would be nice here: eg. in a cutscene a procedure starts when Lara steps in, leading oil to the torches, and the sunbeams there will make the torches flaming. Or something easier, like "grates on the ceiling", like in the classic Catacombs, to let the sunlight in luxuriantly. Etc.
- A big house/room built with the only seeable reason to host a switch.
- Another ancient tomb - with Uzi ammo clips on a pedestal. That is logical, right? Ancient Egyptians put some Uzi ammo there for future visitors. Okay, I understand it is hard, but there should be other solutions. For example, Lara casts some ancient magic first to turn all the ancient ammo in the tomb into modern ammo. Or several baddies killed there will drop the ammo. Or not Lara is the first person here after the old times, mercenaries have already got in there, they let the ammo there. (However, medipacks in ancient forms, still being useable, seem logical.)
- Etc.

Miss:
I have already talked about the "forgotten features" in another thread like the detector or poisoned arrows etc.

Last edited by AkyV; 26-09-17 at 19:34.
AkyV is online now   Reply With Quote