View Single Post
Old 11-07-14, 09:34   #24
klona
Golden

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flipsider View Post
Nah, I don't think so. It's more restrictive, yet doesn't feel as "tight" as the original. It's main improvement is that it's more accessible but it comes with some costs.
It wasn't a 1:1 remake though, it was re-imagining of the original. So it doesn't matter if it's tight or not. I never expected TRA to rot with classic style gameplay with the technology on their hands. But if you want to compare, look at the gameplay (Platforming, puzzles and traps) in the original and look at the gameplay in TRA. The latter is much more fun to be honest with the new traps and puzzles (Especially Egypt).

When it comes to room design and placement, both did a fine job at that, but not everywhere.

In conclusion, I think they are equal games in terms of their overall quality. Both offer great experiences, so instead of some people whining why isn't every pixel similar to the original, enjoy it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sifo-Dyas View Post
A) you have to click every single time to shoot your guns

B) near the end in the Great Pyramid you have to shoot those timed traps so that rings and wooden sticks come out of the wall, but at the same you're being harassed by stupid monsters.

C) The Great Pyramid? What's so great about it? It's long, superfluous and boooring as hell.
NO, IT WAS GOOD.
klona is online now   Reply With Quote