View Single Post
Old 22-04-18, 21:52   #19
The Great Chi
The Inscrutable One

Default How to get the cheat engine working

Have been asked by a few members by PM's, how do you get the cheat engine working, so here goes....

TRALoader or just use Stella saves....
First of all you need the TRALoader and choose a cinematic of your choice (e.g.: Cinematics/Cinematic 3). I could not get this tool working on my more modern computer due to lack of specific dll's...DOH!

All the above does its gets you to a specific save in the game, and Stella TRA saves will do the same thing. That's what I used and gets me to a specific cutscene. A good example using stella saves is 'sanctuary 22' save. This gives you the 'Atlantis three' cutscene, followed by 'the fight' cutscene, followed by the 'Motorbike' pursuit cutscene.

The TRAfly tool...
Required as most cutscenes do not have solid ground. Some have bits of solid ground.
Note that anti-virus programs will see this as a dangerous file, but it is not.
You will likely have to temporary disable anti-virus to download and play using this tool.
Also Chrome browser will block this file from downloading, but you can still download it...
See here....http://www.tombraiderforums.com/showthread.php?t=219576
I always keep TRAfly and TRLfly on a separate memory stick, and bring it onto the computer, only after anti-virus temporary switched off.

The cheat engine 5.4....
OK this is what we want to talk about and it looks complex, but is easy to do in a few steps, and all it does is modify the hex code of TRA.exe, so that Lara can step into a cutscene without the cutscene running.

OK, quoting from Sunbeam, here's what you do....

Quote:
1. Start TRALoader (Sunbeam's SCU) and choose a cinematic of your choice (e.g.: Cinematics/Cinematic 3)
2. Press Load Game, and the minute you get the black screen before cutscene loads, hit alt-tab (puts TRA into the background).
3. Once you're on Desktop, in Cheat Engine target tra.exe. Open Memory view, Ctrl+G in bottom part and type in 838348. Once there, change the 3rd byte to 80 (00 00 80 00).
3.a. If you fall through the level when you go back in, use TRAFly before alt-tabbing back in-game.
4. Go back in-game and you'll see a cutscene map loads. Tada, all done...
How to setup the Cheat engine....

Where do you get the cheat engine, well how about here
Cheat engine 5.4 + tutorial rar download (from my files)...
(You do not need to read tutorial, as above pictures explains all)
http://www.mediafire.com/file/37pt8t...__tutorial.rar

Last edited by The Great Chi; 22-04-18 at 22:30.
The Great Chi is offline   Reply With Quote