View Single Post
Old 11-02-16, 09:01   #20
Caesum

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zebra View Post
It's not that hard if you know your way around a 3D modelling program (of course, creating good levels requires the necessary sensibilities and know-how). However, getting into UE4 and familiarising yourself with everything does take some time so you should definitely be patient and willing to work through a bunch of tutorials/wiki articles. Also, if you want to create TR-like levels, you will have to create many of the necessary game mechanics and animations yourself which isn't a trivial task. (It's certainly possible and you don't need to be able to code or program to do it as you can do it all in Blueprints but that still requires you to be able to think logically and come up with algorithms.)
Well Unreal Engine always provided its own 3d editing program so I believe it is the same in case of UE4. Also I heard the newest UE contains something called "blueprint" that makes it possible to make a basic game with little to no programming skill. I always wanted to make a simple Redguard alike game so I don't really need much in that aspect. I've already downloaded UE4 and it looks a lot like Unity3D, which is a good thing. Personally I always prefered UE4 ever since I played Harry Potter so I'm very glad the newest engine is free to use. I only hope I will be able to downgrade graphics enough to provide a simple 1990s retro gameplay. But I guess I went a bit offtopic, sorry!
Caesum is offline   Reply With Quote