View Single Post
Old 11-07-18, 22:59   #36
Portugalraider

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrustyBow View Post
Considering its the highest selling in the franchise by a wide margin, I'd like to think they were satisfied.
But here's the thing: would the game have sold less if they were more ambitious with the story? If there was no Richard drama and was just about Lara dealing with PTSD like Rhianna Pratchett wanted? If it was more directly stated that Lara was just using Richard as an excuse for her trying to prove herself right about seeing Himiko's soul, as it is clearly hinted in the actual game? If Ana and Lara did really care for each other, even in the current situation? If Konstantin was shown to truly be thorn up between saving his sister and following orders and the will of God, as it is implied? If Jacob was more set as someone who has done terrible mistakes and dubious acts during cutscenes and not only in backstory told by the challenge tombs and the documents? And if Trinity was set has having some merit on their purpose, just with too extreme actions?

I would actually would say that the game would have probably sold better, because it would have a much more interesting story than the one we got, and many games are now selling basically due to story alone. With the helper that they would most certainly have had spent as much money on story and cinematics as they did as it is.

I love RotTR and I actually do enjoy its narrative. But I can't deny it could have been so much better, and it wasn't just because CD was too scared and played too safe.
Portugalraider is offline   Reply With Quote