View Single Post
Old 16-12-16, 03:10   #20
Kapu

I'm late to the party, but I was wondering if you'd finished the game yet, Ben? If yes, what are your final thoughts??

I shared a lot of the same views on my first playthough. Really action packed, as you say. The so called "set-pieces" are lots of fun.

LOTS of combat, as you (and many others) have pointed out. I also died many many times, especially in the Shantytown. As others have said, it really is the most combat heavy hub. After a while you get murder fatigue. To think Lara cried after she killed that first guy.

The first of thousands...

I've played the game through four times total, I think. I finished my most recent playthrough last month. I really love this game, to put it simply. The combat becomes much easier after a second playthough, and once you "master it" you definitely feel like a pro; it's very rewarding.

I can't say I love Rise. Honestly, I wouldn't even say I like it. Like you said, the reboot doesn't exactly feel like a TR game. And for me, Rise takes that even further. The addition of side missions, tons and tons of NPCs always around, Lara being the most boring iteration of herself, and also the most irritating...it was a big disappointment for me. But that's a whole other discussion.
Kapu is offline   Reply With Quote