View Single Post
Old 19-06-12, 03:46   #1
Journal

Default Ever had one of 'those' Days?

Wasn't sure which section to post this discussion in so if its the wrong one, apologies in advance.

I was just playing Tomb Raider 1 and resumed my game from a few week ago in St. Francis Folly and for the first time ever messed up the timing on Thor's hammer, then on reloading I missed a jump with fatal consequences and on my third try stumbled off the edge near the top. I ejected the disc and resumed my game in Tomb Raider: Chronicles instead convinced that I was had just recently adapted to those smoother controls, except no still I died over and over on Sinking Submarine by missing crucial jumps over charged water. Frustrated, but undoubtedly in the mood to play Tomb Raider I threw in Legend and retired with shame to its simplistic difficulty.

So my question is, have you ever had one of 'those' days where all ability and skill goes out the window and you're just awful at Tomb Raider? Lately I've found myself making the most rookie mistakes more often than I'd like to admit! However I find its usually for a day or so, just a day once or twice a year in which its near impossible to progress smoothly without reloading about a thousand times! If I'm ever playing Tomb Raider with friends or family watching and I'm that much more inclined to impress I find I buckle under the pressure and my playing ability suffers greatly. Does anyone else ever have these odd days?
Journal is offline   Reply With Quote