View Single Post
Old 28-11-15, 22:25   #174
TwinPistols92

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackmoor View Post
Let's face it, if they haven't protected their franchise - which is supposedly the valuable item in this deal (ie, the product being bargained between the 2 companies) - then they are bigger fools than I have them down for. Like I say, I can't quite believe it myself that they wouldn't have negotiated a substantial amount. But who knows... you know? I think we'll get a better feel for everything after the PC sales. If things aren't lining up how SE are expecting them to by then, I think it'll become obvious.

But 1 thing I do think is that it's not necessarily panic stations yet.
A substantial amount of money seems a bit overboard. SE let everyone know that TR2013 underperformed, and MS surely knew that. I can't see them offering much more than $10 million (the estimate by an industry analyst) in addition to everything else MS would be footing the bill for. The game IS still coming out for other platforms...covering the amount of sales lost does not sound like part of the deal, not for a timed exclusive. That amount of money could pay for 2 AAA game budgets.
TwinPistols92 is offline   Reply With Quote