View Single Post
Old 14-10-16, 06:18   #11
Sir Launcelot

Quote:
Originally Posted by benjamin_2010 View Post
Well I sat down and played this some more, since I got ROTTR for PS4 the day it came out.

I'm freaking SO ANNOYED by the amount of combat. AND I suck at it, so that makes everything 100x's worse. I just replayed the same gunfight TEN TIMES and died every single attempt. Over. It.

I've really enjoyed the segments where you AREN'T in the middle of some giant gunfight (which only seems to be about 40% of the game). Seriously... HOW MANY PEOPLE ARE ON THIS ****ING ISLAND.

#rant
Yeah, there's a lot of combat. It can be frustrating if you are not a shooter fan.

But after a few playthroughs, you will get the hang of it.

A few tips:

Learn the dodge skills. Get Dodge Kill and this is a great way to kill enemies in cramped quarters.

Don't spray with the rifle and expect to do good. This is actually a better thing for close quarters too, since it recoils so much. The bow is actually a very effective weapon for your longer shots, especially later in the game, when it's upgraded.

Once you have the grenade launcher, learn it and use it. A couple of artfully placed grenades can REALLY cut down on those enemies at the start of a big battle. Makes it much easier to deal with the rest of them.
Sir Launcelot is online now   Reply With Quote