View Single Post
Old 24-09-17, 13:26   #20
Wooxman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zebra View Post
I mean, TR2 and TR3 probably wouldn't work too well as films because their stories are kind of meh and all over the place. Perhaps you could take some basic inspiration from them and then build new stories around some of those basic ideas but I can't see actual proper adaptations turning out well. TR1's story would work better as a film but I'm not sure how well it'd mesh with the tone of the reboot. It's the kind of story that works better for a campy Indiana Jones type adaptation. Which leaves TR4 (TR5's stories seem a bit too barebones to base an entire film on any of them). Depending on how much of the supernatural stuff they'll end up including in the film, I suppose that could work. Certain things would have to be changed and moved around, obviously, like anything involving Von Croy - maybe replace him with Lu Ren? Don't really know enough about him yet to know if it'd make sense for him to be digging around in Egypt. But yeah, you could probably do a loose adaptation of TR4 leading into a loose adaptation of AoD. Not that I think it's going to happen but it could theoretically work .
Of course the stories would need to be changed. If you search for TR2013 cutscene movies, then these alone are over two hours long and probably don't even contain plot relevant gameplay segments. And RotTR "movies" are even more than three hours long. And the upcoming movie uses elements from both games and the comics and cramps them into something that will probably be two hours long and still have action scenes in it. TR I-III are the opposite: There's only a little bit of story, but if the movie producers manage to recreate the basic framework plot of TR2013, I'm sure that they could do the same with the classic games. TR I for example could've a few scenes that take place before Lara meets Larson in Calcutta like her raiding a tomb and then entering the hotel. And the scene in which she breaks into the Natla Technologies building could be expanded. To be honest, I was kinda disappointed that Crystal didn't make this segment playable since they already made the first Peru cutscene playable. In TR II there could be plot relevant scenes that take place in Venice and show Lara asking around to get the location of Bartoli's hideout. And after helping the monks fight off the goons at the beginning of Barkhang Monastery she could talk to the monks and they could tell her about the prayer wheels. After all in a game it makes sense to make the player search for puzzle pieces that open the way to the next level, but from a narrative standpoint it seems kinda random, especially since no one tells Lara about this. Same thing with TR III, and since this game is basically seperated into several subplots, the linear nature of a movie could create a better framework plot that connects the different subplots with each other.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soma Holiday View Post
I don't care what they do! As long as they don't throw in some stupid and pointless romance subplot (looking at you cradle of life) and as long as lara actually wears clothes that look like something she wore in the games (looking at you again cradle of life (though the original film had pretty atrocious outfits too)) I'll be happy. I would love to see a fricken teal tank top for once!!! Why is it so hard to put a teal tank top on an actress???
I always had the feeling that they implemented the romantic subplot because Angelina Jolie is the kind of actress that people expect to see in such a scene.

And I liked the outfits in the first movie! They were very Lara-like. Though I agree that movie Lara should wear a teal tank top, or better: a teal leotard. I was kinda disappointed to see that Alicia's top is actually grey while even reboot Lara's top is light teal coloured.
Wooxman is offline   Reply With Quote