View Single Post
Old 12-10-18, 19:50   #180
AriesKnight

Quote:
Originally Posted by MontyTRC View Post
Here I am with some news for you

Main concept
This project was born as a side project, just for fun, then it became a really complex and complete project. Why I'm using TR5 instead of TR3? Apart legal considerations, TR5 has some modern effects lacking from TR3, some interesting enemies and traps, the engine itself is more modern than TR3.

Enemies and traps
After weeks of decompilation, I've implemented those enemies and traps:
  1. TR1: Wolf, Bear, Ape
  2. TR2: Barracuda, Shark,Spinning blade, Killer statue, Springboard, Mouse
  3. TR3: Tiger, Cobra, Raptor, Tyrannosaur, Scuba diver, Eagle, Crow, Tribesman with ax, Tribesman with darts, Spikey wall, Quad
  4. TR4: Wild board, Small scorpion, Big scorpion, Bat, Baddy 1, Baddy 2, SAS, Mummy, Four blades floor, Four blades ceiling, Catwalk blade, Plinth blade, Seth blade, Chain, Plough, Cog, Spikey ball, Skeleton
More are coming

Scripting
LUA is officially part of TR5Main. I've added a new trigger, called LUA_SCRIPT, that can execute complex pieces of LUA code inserted directly inside Tomb Editor. Additionally, each item and level will have events (onCreate, onControl, onDeath) for complex actions and puzzles. Also the script.dat and english.dat files are trashed, replaced by LUA scripts.

Renderer
Currently almost 80% of the renderer is rewritten. I'm using a deferred rendering approach capable of handling many lights at good framerate. The new renderer is fully DX9.

Audio
Lwmte has rewritten the sound sybsystem, now we are using bass.dll and we have full reverberation support finally
Is AMAZING!
I have some questions about the project and if is possible add these objects/traps/enemies/special trigger.

1-Add more Death option in the Death tile in the editor with these effects:
TR1-Become gold on the Mida's hand (I don't know if is a special script).
TR3-Scrambled when touch the river in Madubu's Gorge, electrocuted when walk on the metal bridge after defeat Sophia or touch the fence in the Nevada level (with electric effect).
And if is possible, kill Lara without flame or other effects.

2-Add some traps from respective games:
TR1-Lava wall (level The Great Pyramid)
TR2-Small fan and big fan, if is possible, in multiple slots in order to use both (for example VENTILATOR1 and VENTILATOR2 slot).
TR3-A VENTILATOR3 object slot for the fan in the Thames wharf level, the subway train from Aldwich level and the crazy car from TR3 gold It's a madhouse level.

3-Set the OCB code of object SWITCHTYPE in order to have many switches in a one level like the big lever switch, small lever switch, small switch and wheel switch without having to give up one to use the other (for example in the level Wreck of Maria Doria you have the first three switches).

These are my suggestions and I hope you can achieve them.