View Single Post
Old 24-01-09, 11:55   #1
TR cheatfinder
Inactive

Red face How do you clean a scratched PS2 disc?

A couple of months ago I lost my Final Fantasy X Disc, and finally I found it but guess what? It was battered and scratched and has about 75 minor scratches and 2 deep scratches and it won't work. Then, I found that my Final Fantasy X-2 game disk won't work so I tried the toothpaste method on that disk and so afterwards Final Fantasy X-2 worked perfectly. Also, my Tomb Raider Anniversary somehow got scratched and only got to the loading bit with the Scion after the cutscene with Natla asking Lara. Now, I tried the Toothpaste method thousands of times (not literally) on both disks, but didn't make any improvements and I think made it worser. Here is the steps I followed for the Toothpaste Method:

1. Get a scratched PS2 Disc or something that doesn't work.

2. Get some toothpaste (any) and squeeze some out onto where the uncolored side is around the whole disc.

3. Run the tap and position the Disc (uncolored side) under the running tap and gently roll the tootthpaste in a spiral direction around the edge and inside of the disc.

4. After, you have spread all the toothpaste around the disc, wash it off with the water and your fingers.

5. Carefully, wrap a towel around the Disc and then wait for it to get dry then test it out.

I tried that Method on FFX-2 and it worked and it wasn't as scratched as the other two and worked! But with FFX and TR: Anniversary and nop. Didn't work so does anyone know a different method to this (no buying, I am low of money at mo)! Do I change the method? Do another method? I also heard banana does it but I don't know the method......

Thanks anyway Guys!
TR cheatfinder is offline   Reply With Quote