View Single Post
Old 22-04-17, 10:41   #247
Patrick star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wooxman View Post
Well, that's a thing I really don't like about Legend Lara: It wasn't Amanda who "killed" her mother. Amanda told Lara to pull out the sword which probably would've teleported her to Helheim instead of her mother or would've just deactivated the portal. But instead Lara's mum thought that Amanda was talking to her and so she pulled out the sword which teleported her to Helheim. What Amanda was saying probably wasn't nonsense but instead Lara just selfishly ignored her. In Legend Lara is actually the antagonist since Amanda doesn't want to take over the world or something like that but instead she tries to get to Avalon/Helheim. But Lara just slaughters her little army and then activates the portal herself without having really studied it while Amanda seems to know more about it than Lara does.
Still , doesn't invalidate Lara's furious reaction from her perspective . What Amanda was saying in the final cutscene probably wasn't technically nonsense , but it was at that moment for Lara , to see everything she had hoped for collapsing , she wasn't in a good timing/mood to listen to Amanda's shouts or try to give them a second thought (Hell , even Alister calls Amanda's claims "mental") , all she was seeing in front of her is an interrupted friend that wanted to kill her , and the fact that she had sympathy feelings from her that this friend doesn't deserve .

Quote:
LAU Lara on the other hand lost her mother when she was a child. By the time Legend takes place her grief should've vanished or at least waned

It may have vanished across the years , Lara accepted the truth -at that time- that her mom is dead , but when another opportunity arose to Lara that perhaps by activating the portal she could change the course of events and get her mom right back , she had all emotions , hope and passion ignited again , only to see all of that destroyed in a blink of an eye , like a re-opened wound , it was an unbearable emotional pressure and the rage came from grieve and major disappointment (imo) . Von Croy , who was a good friend of Lara died , fine , at the end she finds out that it's not that psycho who actually killed him , but instead it was another psycho in disguise , and this "other pyscho" is just a random bad guy she's just met , honestly I see no reason for her to be furious or even angry to begin with , there's no emotional impact in that "revelation" , had it been Kurtis who did it for example , I believe we would've seen an entirely different reaction from Lara .

Like I said , the two scenes are superficially similar , they're both "revelations" on the surface , but they're not even close to being even "slightly" equal .

Quote:
Can you maybe show me an example for AoD Lara getting really angry? Even the negative responses in the multiple choice dialogues like those she can give to Bernard aren't that harsh.
I've stated several times that AOD Lara was never "REALLY angry" like Legend Lara , all I'm saying is that when she gets pissed off , it does show on her , from the top of my head : her entire conversation with Bouchard in Prague after knocking him out and having him tied to a chair , she was clearly angry and pissed off about his betrayal of her in Paris and it shows in her voice tone , responses and way of speaking .

Last edited by Patrick star; 22-04-17 at 15:52.
Patrick star is offline   Reply With Quote