View Single Post
Old 16-02-13, 00:58   #233
gidierre
Grease Monkey

Quote:
Originally Posted by mimiQ View Post
I have used the CD image provided and its on virtual F drive, and I disabled my CDrom with E drive.
this doesn't look good

you should have one cdrom.txt created by the install script, supposedly in c:\tombraider or wherever
can you post the contents of this small txt file? or is it empty or non-existent?

EDIT
virtual f: and disabled e:
how do you mount that f: drive anyway? in windows beforehand? using what virtualization software? and what's with the real deal (cdrom)? now what becomes of it? for that's what the installer goes after in the first place.

the problem w/SVN dosbox sound not working (nGlide's just another glide wrapper so it has nothing to do w/sound issues)
you mean sound as in gunshots, footsteps and stuff (soundcard emulation, native in dosbox)
or as in tunes & ambient music (cd audio tracks)?
I bet it's the latter, which in turn would be understandable inasmuch as related to the above cdrom.txt question.
I'm beginning to make me a vague idea of what might be going wrong, like too many spiraling virtualization layers spinning out unawares are involved here, but I'd really need more info.

Last edited by gidierre; 16-02-13 at 02:08.
gidierre is online now   Reply With Quote