View Single Post
Old 29-01-17, 22:41   #20
jajay119

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dustie View Post
Because she won the race in Cambodia and that was supposed to be her price. Werner took it from her.

She went to VCI to reclaim her price.

I thought this was the official and widely understood version of these events?
This is how I've always understood it to be: it was just logical. Though it's just another thing that Chronicles being so rushed added to confusion of established events.

This takes a lot of assuming, as do most things in Chronicles due to lack of expansion, but it can make sense if thought of this way. If that segment of the game is actually set between TR2 and 3 like is thought why did it take her so long to try to steal it back? Why is Werner in a wheel chair but can hobble round on a stick very well only a year later? No it leads me to think that the VCi segment is actually set quite early in Lara's career. A time in her career when she didn't even yet value the iconic dual pistols enough to take them with her like she always did. A time when she was inexperienced enough to need tech help, to misjudge a paragliding route and nearly fall to her death. And a time which would allow enough time by the time we get to the end of Tr4 to have let Lara and Werner build up their friendship again. let's not forget after all, despite most of Tr4 being spent with Lara and Werner at each other quite maliciously most of this is due him being possessed by Seth for the majority of the game and it's easy to forget they are still friends: just very competitive ones. Otherwise why try to save her at the end? Why try to dig her out and why turn to her for help in AOD if they truly were enemies? I think the Crux is Lara felt it was her artifact and it was still early enough in her career to try to get it.

Last edited by jajay119; 29-01-17 at 22:43.
jajay119 is offline   Reply With Quote