View Single Post
Old 09-09-17, 23:50   #1
Danath

Talking TR2: Mystic Realm

Hello all! It's time for me to build again.

I have begun building my next TR2 level this week, and i'm ready to show what i've been cooking:

Hope you like platforming, because yes, it's a Floating Islands map! I've been sad for a long time at the lack of maps with this theme, and i thought "why not take matters into my own hands and make my own?". I was already thinking of this while making Lost Temple of the Pyrenees. It makes me excited to build something like this, i love this part of TR2.

I hope i'm able to pull this off, what i'm showing has been tricky to build already, it's going to be almost all exterior areas. What i can say is that i will certainly try my best to complete it.
The great thing is that i don't feel pressured, like i felt when i was making my first map and needed to prove to myself and others that i could do it.

This is the beginning inside the mini-temple:

Notice the lack of pistols. You begin the map without nothing in your inventory and have to locate the pistols and some health supplies. The reasoning is that Lara has been somehow teleported to this strange place and needs to find a way out.
And this is how the inventory screen and the font look now:

I have been trying script things such as the empty inventory and also how to make the game end when Lara falls to a certain altitude ( number of blocks ). I got it to work so i can implement it on this, yay.

Hope you like this so far!

Update: Level is available now on trle.net: http://www.trle.net/sc/levelfeatures.php?lid=3011

Last edited by Danath; 07-12-17 at 17:59.
Danath is offline   Reply With Quote