View Single Post
Old 27-11-11, 19:51   #15
tomekkobialka

Quote:
Originally Posted by moodydog View Post
Hey, there has is a rather long crack in the ceiling on the paint/ plaster. Its looks like someone drawn a line with a pencil down my ceiling. Its smooth across the crack though (only in one area is the ceiling ever so slightly raised on one side), so can I just paint over the crack to get rid of it/ reduce it?
A little bird tells me that you will not get rid of the crack simply by painting over it, or by applying other 'quick fixes'. In the short term, you won't be able to see the crack, but the crack will be there. As Eddie said, you should monitor the crack over time - if it grows, then that's when you need to act (it's no good leaving it over time and hoping that it will go away - when you develop a blister on your heel, the more you walk the worse it will get, unless you act accordingly).

So yeah, I think the most important thing now is monitoring the crack. Let us know how it goes!

@Esconder: What do you mean? All of the above posts were 'on-topic' unless you specify what the topic is. And I don't mind wasting keystrokes, this way I practise mu touchtuping sillks.
tomekkobialka is online now   Reply With Quote