View Single Post
Old 09-11-06, 18:13   #23
thevman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cochrane
I just love to see how Crystal Developers are bashed here. "They are all incompetent and cannot understand classic TRs". Disk space an issue? "No, it fits all on a Blue-Ray disc". Which PC, PSP and PS2 certainly do have...

Disc space is not the only issue, and I think the guys at Crystal (or Core, with their stupid remake that makes everyone diss Crystal even though nobody knows how good either is) would be very happy if it was. More detailed levels also take time, developers and ultimately money to make, and none of these ressources increases as much as the requirements for graphics do in the same time.

Now for how long TRA will get: No idea. On the one hand, they don't want to disappoint anyone by making it significantly longer. On the other hand, they still have the issues with disc space, development time and money. They will not be able to take any significant work from TR1 directly. That means they will struggle if they want it to be as long as TR1. My guess would be that it is shorter than TR1, but still signifcantly longer than Legend.
If they can't do it right, don't bother. I don't want to spend full price for a game half the size, a quarter the length, because they can't fit any more on a disk or won't spend the time to make enough to actually give us a full game. The graphics are way over blown on how long they take, I'm an artist and it wouldn't take me forever to make the textures for legend. The wireframes take a bit more, but a good wireframe artist can whip thru pretty fast too. I find it silly that they had as much time to make legend as core had to make AoD and they gave us so much less. For what, slightly prettier graphics and slightly more complex wireframes? That justifies giving us half of the levels we're used to getting in a TR game??? I find that laughable. And CD started with an engine they used in 3 other games! Core made a whole new engine, controls as well as textures and wireframes. I blow my nose at CD!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackmoor
The reason people are pessimistic about and "dissing" Crystal "saviours of TR" Dynamics is because we've seen their attempt at making a TR game we didn't like it.

Granted they MAY do things differently this time, with the AE, we'll have to wait and see. But c'mon don't be surprised if some people are doubtful that they have it in them to do things differently.

Everyone makes predictions based on the information they have. In this case all we have as fact is what has gone before... Legend.

It's NOT about Core's remake. It is their own work that they brought to the table (Legend) that does them in...

[For me anyway]

EXACTLY! Well put blackmoor!

Last edited by thevman; 09-11-06 at 18:15.
thevman is offline   Reply With Quote