View Single Post
Old 27-11-07, 16:36   #1585
Pyuaumch

Quote:
Originally Posted by aktrekker
You would have to change all DX DLLs at the same time. This can be done and the EXE would still run (all previous versions of DX are still supported).
I'm not sure, but at least DirectInputCreateA from DirectX 6 and DirectInput8Create from DirectX 8 have different amount of parameters to PUSH... I suppose that if i simply replace one libraries with other, it'll be also needed to correct parameters for each call?
Quote:
The only way I have found to get back to the function is to go to the include file, find the DX object, and count the functions in the order they are listed until I get to the right offset. At that point, I go to the documentation to find a description of the parameters.
Ah, i see it... So there's no way to identify a function except digging through include files? If so, then it's even not possible to find all references to specific DirectX function in TR4 engine automatically, we have to search for them manually?
Quote:
DirectX6.1 documentation talks about force feedback input devices. It has a section on how to use them. I could send you the DInput.doc word document. It shows as 549KB. But you would probably need include files, and accessing DX structures from assembly might be tough because of alignment within the structure.
I suppose that interface has indeed changed since DirectX 6.1. I'm not sure my mailbox can handle 500k letter, could you upload it somewhere instead? Include files actually seems like a good idea, but where i can find them? Do i need to download DirectX SDK?
Quote:
If you know what you want to do, I could try to compile it and get the assembly code it creates.
I just looked at unofficial RE4 vibration patch and thought that it can be implemented in TR4 too, but TR4 works with DX6 (RE4 uses DX8 at least for input), and now you say that we can't mix various DX libraries' versions... I feel so lame, because i've never tried to do anything with DirectX before... At first, i simply want to understand which DX function is called in certain case of TR4 engine
Pyuaumch is offline   Reply With Quote