View Single Post
Old 02-04-12, 15:50   #22
aussie500
Golden

Quote:
Originally Posted by XtremeJenn View Post
Yeah check out the helmet camera that dude in the last pic has to wear. That is probably about 10 kilos worth of head gear.

Thanks for putting up bigger versions of these! There are literally none on the net that I could find. Did it say in the special features if the did both skydives and base jumps for the stunt? I'm pretty sure they filmed the exits from the 1200' building but some of the aerial footage was done from a helicopter skydive, with the third guy filming from a wingsuit above them.
Same three did all the jumps, two wingsuits and the cameraman sometimes with just a parachute. The cameraman did not always have the camera on his head, sometimes he seemed to have it in his arms when he was jumping of the building. They did 28 jumps, 8 from the building and the rest from the helicopter right over Hong Kong. The suits need a fair bit of height before they can work properly, so they would jump from the helicopter, go down to around 1000ft or less and then fly between the buildings. The building they were jumping from was 1200ft high, and they opened the parachutes just over 200 feet, they went down very fast! The suits could not fly that well from that low a height they were jumping from the helicopter at 5000ft which gave the suits more time to work.

Another look at the head camera.

The three running for the jump off the building, the cameraman has a crash helmet on and is holding the camera.

Bottom view as they jump.

Top view after the chutes open, the cameraman opens his earlier so he can film them. They did not really get that far away from the building, but went down like arrows.

The helicopter going up, this time it seems the cameraman is going to have a go at being a flying squirrel as well. He has to keep up with them I suppose. Which would be why the camera is on his head, he needs his arms extended for the suit to work.

A jump from the helicopter and the cameraman opening his chute.

They also had a helicopter filming them flying

Last edited by aussie500; 02-04-12 at 23:53.
aussie500 is offline   Reply With Quote