View Single Post
Old 14-03-12, 19:35   #16
fallenangle

I'm no expert on this but the whole point of Kaspersky's AV Rescue Disc is that it must be loaded before Windows even boots. If you read the blurb on their web site it should help - if I understand it correctly it works like a 'simple' OS on your computer outside Windows looking in. As Windows isn't running neither are the nasties so the rescue disc can search, identify and, if necessary, destroy whatever is there without them being activated.

It just sounds to me as if you're not booting from the rescue disc but perhaps trying to boot Windows to run the disc or the AV program.

Check with EscondeR before doing this as it may only apply to WinXP. If so apologies for butting in:-

You probably need to go into your System Utilities to enable booting from disc. This requires you to press (best hold IMHO) F2 during the first screen that appears when you turn the PC/laptop on. The System Utilities menu should appear. Use the directional arrows to navigate and find the boot options menu and enable "Boot From Disc".

Save and exit then shutdown and restart but this time do it with the Kaspersky Rescue disc in place. During the start up process you will have to press Enter/Return to choose the now enabled disc boot at a certain point or it will boot as normal.

Last edited by fallenangle; 14-03-12 at 20:04.
fallenangle is offline   Reply With Quote