View Single Post
Old 14-06-13, 21:54   #7
DJ Full

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peanut View Post
I don't know if all of these projects are going to be connected as they each are quite unique.
This is a bunch of my ideas I kept failing to execute until now. Each one has its own storyline, however it isn't excluded to e.g. join my all skipped BtBs in a sequence. Because I often tend to focus more on recent ideas than on former ones, the order would probably be reversed: Nordic -> Steampunk, and this would be called Back to Backwards. I remember I wanted to make a BtB level even since Venice, but I actually never had any vision for that place, nor did I have time to think about it, so I can't tell if the whole thing will be a Venice-ending bilogy or a Steampunk-ending trilogy.

Actually, when I look at my knowledge back then and compare it with what I know now, I feel ashamed of my past... Not even half a year ago, while starting with Hyraider, I didn't even have an idea preventing water from waving is possible, and I had no clue if You press all [1][2][3][4][5] switches it will activate from the very beginning. Such a priceless bunch of information anyone should know, and I wonder how many builders skipped it all. As You can see, the last and previous Advent Calendar helped me a lot... Also this year BtB did. Thank You everyone who had part in it.

For people involved in hidden Hyraider thread. I'm really grateful for their help, but now I think quoting all those words they have said doesn't make sense - because their help was directed to me, so it simply won't be capable of encouraging anyone who reads it except me. And above that, I don't want if they want to be quoted once more... I'll just credit them all in the readme. I'll also rewrite all fake prayers I made to my pagan god to keep the thread continunity, for them to serve as storyline or ingame lines.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peanut
The fact that you made that huge, huge factory in the first few screenshots in days is magnificent. Can't wait to see more!
I had to make it fast, because if I allowed myself to wait one more day, my courage to share it with You would probably have expired. It was an impulse and I had to catch it - hence the rush in building. But now it should go on more slowly and accurately.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soul View Post
Perfect!
You enjoyed the most one of screenshots I find the most irritating Well that's no surprise for me at all But this is the old lighting version. The pictures have been presented in chronological order, picturing development history, so... here You go:

Hmm...
hmm...
hmm...

Now that I think about it, it might not have been an improvement at all.
Quote:
Originally Posted by psiko View Post
you are crazy, in the good sense of the word
Thank You. The way is actually both good and bad. You see - I try to build and clear QRS's Egypt and Beyond Full in the same time, but I foolishly stated one level per a day as my target speed... But with the area like I played today, all filled with narrow corridors, holes popped in the ceiling, many pillars and an extraordinaly huge amount of opening/closing doors, my compulsion to look in every corner required several hours to be satisfied. Plus I had a sick sense of honor to negotiate all those wraiths withouts medis... so in total combined effect, I wasted the whole day so I'll probably build nothing today But who knows...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mytly View Post
I can't imagine how much such a large space will lag.
Actually it doesn't lag at all yet. Possibly because there are no objects except those metal supports. There will be really a lot of them, but I'll try not to invent any new idea before I execute what I already have in mind. This way I can avoid putting in too many objects. I intend to save some frame rate for fraps recording.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mytly View Post
The finished screenshots of Sound Illuminating Contraptor and Hyraider look great.
Actually, the tanks are not finished. Notice they have no objects, because at the time they were constructed and textured, I never looked in the wad yet And the lighting is only acceptable because of water The chapel is also not finished, for that indoor tinting will need a lot of adjusting... and the new room behind the altar affects ambience, so this will need a correction as well. The only locations of those two projects I might treat as finished are:
- Casey's house (HYR)
- the tower (HYR)
- Halina's hideout (SIC).

Halina is actually a siberian husky we liked to walk in the woods with whenever her true owner had no patience. The coyote provided by Nadine fits this character more than well... maybe I'll make her fetch the torch everytime Lara drops it

Last edited by DJ Full; 14-06-13 at 22:26.
DJ Full is offline   Reply With Quote