View Single Post
Old 07-12-16, 06:40   #11
Cochrane
Golden

I bought it, tried it, and mostly like it. I think the price is justified for a game like this; screw online game stores for making us all expect great games for nothing. When it comes to system requirements, I have no idea what they were smoking when they wrote that. I'm running this on a six-year old iMac, and it looks perfectly with no frame rate drop or anything. I have no idea what this game even could do differently with a better GPU; there's no sliders for anything but resolution. All in all pretty good, except for one tiny issue:

It's basically unplayable. The game does not work with a keyboard. You can use the keyboard to scroll through the menu, but not to actually move Lara on the screen. The game does not work with a gamepad either. Weirdly enough, button prompts do show up in the main menu, but the game does not actually react if you press these buttons, or any other for that manner. The only way to play this game is via mouse. To do this, you have to drag the mouse a little in the direction you want Lara to move. That was a good choice for a mobile game that is operated with a touch screen. With a mouse, it's completely insufferable.

I could imagine the lack of controller support on Mac is a bug, after all the steam page says it's supposed to support them. If they ever fix that, then I might recommend it for people who have a controller. But right now, restricted to the horrible mouse interface, it's a waste of money. Really sad; I liked the iOS version and I was looking forward to seeing the graphics in full detail on a huge screen.
Cochrane is offline   Reply With Quote