View Single Post
Old 25-08-17, 18:20   #1
AkyV

Default Tomb Raider custom games feature request - What I like/hate/miss

Dear Tomb Raider custom game players!

This thread is made to tell your requests to the TRLE/DXTRE3D/TREP/TRNG/TE level builders in three categories:

Like - You encounter this often (or almost often) in the games, which you find nice, because this feature is so cool, you want more, more, more!
Hate - You encounter this often (or almost often) in the games, which you find awful, because this feature is so annoying, builders should be more careful with that or they should skip that totally.
Miss - You encounter this rarely (or never) in the games, which you find awful, because this feature would be so cool.

Your request could be about ANYTHING, after all - an interesting structure, some sound feature, a spectacular visual effect, your favorite geographical site etc.
But, please:

- Never be too general. For example, "I like boss fights" is an improper request. Boss fights how? With tons of bullets, or with a tricky puzzle?
- Try to be within the actual limits of the editor programs, level builders cannot build which the tools are unavailable for. (If you don't know what the limit is, then remember the games what you have played, and try to ask something what should fit the quality of those games.)
- Try not to be tutorial-like, like "place a Sun bulb in each room or else Lara looks flat". It is not a tutorial.

For example:

Quote:
Like:
Roman aqueducts are so cool. Please do more.

Hate:
- Ahmets dead on the floor and burning is so annoying. You should remove it with an A14 trigger.
- Short music soundtracks repeating often instead of ambient noise backgrounds should be avoided.

Miss:
- I have never found Byzantine sites so far.
- Flash grenades are underrated, but they could be so great for stealth levels, when Lara is disarmed.
You can send a Like/Hate/Miss post any times.

Please, remember:
It is not a general chat, it will be an encyclopedia for the builders.
However, the legitimacy of a new request could be discussed here.

Note:
I also suggest this thread.

Last edited by AkyV; 05-07-19 at 16:53.
AkyV is offline   Reply With Quote